knots vs. mph on LSAs

ktsai91

When buying an LSA, do I have an option to put a certain type of airspeed indicator on the LSA? For example, if I buy an LSA and its airspeed indicator is measured in mph, do I have an option to have an airspeed indicator measured in knots?

Well, I prefer the speed be measured in knots because it's the standard measurement of airspeed in aviation. I can't stand seeing airspeed be measured in mph. I don't mind having the airspeed be measured in knots or both knots and mph.

Well, I prefer the speed be measured in knots because it's the standard measurement of airspeed in aviation. I can't stand seeing airspeed be measured in mph. I don't mind having the airspeed be measured in knots or both knots and mph.

It has been before, why not now. I have flown several airplanes that were calibrated in mph and not knots. All the numbers in the manuals were in mph too.

Both of the LSA's I flew had the Dynon EFIS. With that, in some way, you can go in and easily switch back and forth. I don't recall what both the CT and G3 had them confiugred in, but it probably was MPH. Doesn't really bother me, just have a checklist that reflects the measurment of speed for that specific airplane configuration.

Both of the LSA's I flew had the Dynon EFIS. With that, in some way, you can go in and easily switch back and forth. I don't recall what both the CT and G3 had them confiugred in, but it probably was MPH. Doesn't really bother me, just have a checklist that reflects the measurment of speed for that specific airplane configuration.

The Dynon is configurable to Knots or MPH, you'll just have to get into the owner manual to figure out how. I've seen it done on a friends unit, but couldn't tell you how it was done.:D

Well don't go to Europe and fly some of those airplanes over there! Kilometers Per Hour will throw your head into a spin!

Back