King or Sporty's

RM7599

King or Sporty\'s

I would like your opinions on which Private Pilot Videos are better in preparing you for the written, and maybe some help with the flying as well. Thanks for your time!

Re: King or Sporty\'s

I've seen both.... I like Sporty's.

John and Martha get a little boring after a while.

I'm a fan of King. Sporty's put's me to sleep. I might want to kill John and Martha King if I ever met them, and sure I might have burned a tape or two of theirs; but I have yet to score below a 92% on a written...yeah so what if I've only taken two?

Comes down to personal opinion and how you learn.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Yeah, I have the Sportys DVD set and I got an 87% on the written.
smirk.gif
That's what happens when you don't do much studying for a long time until the morning before, and then you cram.

The one thing that I really don't like about the Sportys set is that Steve Horstmeyer talks a little too fast.

I used King for my inst and got a 92%. The tapes really do suck, but they worked for me and most other people I know say they worked too.

Dude, they're BOTH boring and they BOTH suck.

The kings are good for the checkride test, because they show an 'actual' checkride.

Otherwise, cram with the Gleim and try www.webexams.com for free computer testing. That's a grand total of $15, when either of the video series approach $200.

But hey, different strokes for different folks
grin.gif

I like King Videos. The only thing is that they (Martha and John) can really irritate you from time to time with their corny ways of being humorous. But other than that, they make things easier to understand.
I can't stand sportys. I fall asleep with their videos and cant understand what are they trying to explain most of the time.
But to be totally honest and a word of advise, do your homework and read your books! These videos are no substitute for reading. They just help you sharpen your knowledge a little.

Go with KING. I have the Sportys interactive DVD. The only thing interactive is they ask you a question now and again. I am NOT impressed with Sporty's at all. I now wish I had bought the KING DVD's instead. I don't think Sporty's Instrument course gives enough detail. There is a lot of information I had to get from my instructor. Go with KING, you will be happier.

Go for the king course. Spend the extra money and get the CD-Rom. The VHS sucks. you can get them at e bay for half the price.

[ QUOTE ]

The one thing that I really don't like about the Sportys set is that Steve Horstmeyer talks a little too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG...He is such a dweeb!

Same here though, he's the only thing I don't like about the Sporty's DVDs.

[ QUOTE ]

OMG...He is such a dweeb!

Same here though, he's the only thing I don't like about the Sporty's DVDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU BETTER NOT MAKE FUN OF STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
YOU BETTER NOT MAKE FUN OF STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww...Come on! Not even his haircut?
grin.gif
grin.gif

I do respect his knowledge of weather though, and the information he gives on the DVDs is quite valuable. But I'm constantly distracted by how funny his hair looks when there's a breeze blowing through it. And He really does speak a little to quickly.

Haven't done the sportys but the king cd-rom course is good if a little bit corn. Bad humor but listening to the jokes is funny..not the jokes but their attempt at jokes is funny in itself. I was trying to put together a .avi file to put online for everyone to goof on.

If you think king and sporty's is bad, watch the Jepp. videos....those suck. I'd go with the king videos. Even better, the computer based Cd Rom/DVD. John and Martha are both annoying, but i've done very well on every written to date..Private, Instrument, Commercial, FOI, The other instructor one, and ATP (121).

Thanks to everyone for thier input........think I'll go with King! Fly safe!!!

Back