Kinda stupid question

melax

Well My 11 year old asked me today if smoking in your own airplane was allowed (following a discussion on smoking in airliners) I paused and realized that I didn't have the answer ! So I told him let me Think about it (I pushed the JC Help button) Thanks in advance.

Well My 11 year old asked me today if smoking in your own airplane was allowed (following a discussion on smoking in airliners) I paused and realized that I didn't have the answer ! So I told him let me Think about it (I pushed the JC Help button) Thanks in advance.

I'd say yes..looked it up and only found stuff about not smoking for airlines...heck the planes I fly have cigarrette lighters why not.

To extinguish you can be fancy and use that big red object in your plane that you never use.

Me and my C.P. used to burn'em. I've never seen a placard in any the planes I fly.
Ahhhhhhh...ladies and gentleman...this is the Captain speaking.....we're going down...ahhhhhhh...Smoke'em if ya got'em.

Thanks, I guess there isn't any FAR's against it. I still remember traveling from Dakar (DKR) to JFK and people would congregate around the bathroom to smoke !! (Defunct Air Afrique[RK]).

Are you kiddin, the cigarette lighter used to be front and center of the "6 pack" of instruments! :) Besides, all old crusty capts are smoking with the window open while taxxing...at least thats the portrait i have painted in my head. :)

Here's one of the planes I fly (PA28):

...although the placard almost looks "aftermarket".

BK017-1.jpg

That's probably because the owner doesn't want his tin can smelling like monkey butt!

i guess i have only flown a few airplanes that are old enough not to be placarded. most are placarded for no smoking

Back