Key questions you asked when getting onboard with your first CFI job?

BoDEAN

What are some key questions you asked when you got onboard with your CFI job? I am about to take my first job, and have a meeting next week with the gentleman, and want to have a list of questions ready. So far, vacation time, sick leave, health insurance?

If they're gonna give you vacation time, sick leave, and health insurance....shut up, smile, and nod!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If they're gonna give you vacation time, sick leave, and health insurance....shut up, smile, and nod!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I applied to Riddle-PRC when I just graduated out of their program and jobs were scarce. I didn't get hired because "my CFI skills weren't up to Riddle standards"

....Even though I'd just graduated out of their CFI/I program not less than three weeks earlier.
crazy.gif

haha, same thing happened to me with FlightSafety. Oh well...it was probably for the better. I'll have well over 1000 hrs. by the time they have their next stand. class I bet.
laugh.gif

Concur with the martian.....If you want the job and it looks like a good opportunity (flying wise) DONT ask about sick leave, vacations, health insurance (all of which I think are pretty rare perks to be found) unless you think they'll be receptive and not interpret it as you making a demand.

Of course if you're sick you're not going to fly- the FARs and common sense back you up on that. Health insurance- I think you're dreaming a bit.

Benifits are not unheard of. I have full health coverage(completly company paid), paid vacations, paid sick/personal days off, time and a half on holidays, ect. at my CFI job. I think you will find this fairly rare at FBO's but at larger schools it pretty common.
wink.gif

Those are terrible place to be working at.

If you were smart you would quit immediately!

Forward the names of the companies to me and I will have a word with the chief pilots.

Back