KC-135 avionics tech @ Macdill wants a ride!

USRaven

I am an avionics tech (and a private pilot) at Macdill AFB. I am 5 months new to the career, and a reservist on active orders.

My supervisors and trainers do an AWESOME job keeping me away from aircrew so I dont screw anything up, so I don't get a lot of facetime in with the pilots. They are not really doing anything about getting me up on a flight to check out a mission.

If anyone has any ties... it would be MUCH APPRECIATED if you could get me airborne.

---- The enlisted force tends to look down on self progression outside of the career field. I would like to pursue a pilot career, but my supervision is not very pleased about that idea...

I am an avionics tech (and a private pilot) at Macdill AFB. I am 5 months new to the career, and a reservist on active orders.

My supervisors and trainers do an AWESOME job keeping me away from aircrew so I dont screw anything up, so I don't get a lot of facetime in with the pilots. They are not really doing anything about getting me up on a flight to check out a mission.

If anyone has any ties... it would be MUCH APPRECIATED if you could get me airborne.

---- The enlisted force tends to look down on self progression outside of the career field. I would like to pursue a pilot career, but my supervision is not very pleased about that idea...

Why would you want a ride on a KC-135 anyway? ....Just kidding.

I can't really give you much info on how to get a ride.....but what I can say is that I have met NUMEROUS people who have been enlisted and have gone on to become pilots, or are going on to become pilots. I can think of one right here at my Det.

So if being an Air Force pilot is what you wanna do, go out and GET THAT SLOT!

Back