KBUF?

cda_to_usa

I'm a Canadian pilot about to receive a family based green card. I'll have an FAA ATP with 6500hrs, about 900 MTPIC but currently in the right seat of an RJ with no upgrade opportunities in the foreseeable future.

I'd like to make the move to the U.S. but KBUF would be the ideal place to live for personal reasons. I can't seem to find anything much happening out of this airport. Mountain Air Cargo and Executive Airshare are all I've found online.

Do any airlines ( including regionals) have a domicile there? Anybody commuting from Buffalo, how is it?

Unfortunately I don't think any airlines have bases there. As far as regionals it seems like the best thing to do as far as commuting (distance wise) would be to try to go to a regional that has one of the New York metros LGA/JFK/EWR as a base, or even one of the DC Metros if thats possible for you. Those places seem to go pretty junior so if you go anywhere where those are bases I don't think you will have a hard time trying to get one of those right out of training.

Back