KATL low pass.

Ugh, I had nothing but problems with that bird. Brake issues, landing gear issues, and the thing wouldn't hot start for anything. I don't know anything about the pod thing though.

Ugh, I had nothing but problems with that bird. Brake issues, landing gear issues, and the thing wouldn't hot start for anything. I don't know anything about the pod thing though.

Haha! Yeah when I was flying it in 02/03, we had a problem with one brake continuially losing pressure over the course of a week or so. A mechanic finally figured out it was a result of the "saddle" where the legs connect to the body being bent or slightly deformed. Of course the bosses in Jacksonville weren't going to pay for that repair. "Just keep adding fluid as necessary!"

We also had an issue with the gear retracting and the nose gear doors not closing, causing the hydraulic pump to continue running. I believe we got that fixed eventually. But for a few months, we'd just let the gear come up and pull the pump CB to turn it off.

To be fair, that's probably an airplane that was intended to be flown a couple of times a week at most and we were putting multiple cycles on it every day. As much trouble as it gave us, that airplane flew me through some hairy situations and got me all thge way to Barrow, AK, once. It will always have a soft spot in my heart.

I remember one of the NA 210s there having a small oil leak somewhere that coated the windshield every flight. The bosses didn't want to fix that either.

Yeah, we lost almost all the hydraulic fluid out of that thing once. When the gear came up it was rubbing on one of the lines and finally punched a hole in it. Luckily we got it down, but when they got it up on the jacks, they said there was almost nothing left in the reservoir. I wasn't there long enough to get to do the AK trip, but I wish I had.

The baron at the flight department I work at flies into KATL regularly. Sometimes more than two times a week. I have ridden along several times and we have gotten there all times of the day and it seems like it doesn't mess up approach too bad. I guess being able to do about 180kts doesn't mess up with their spacing too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back