Kalitta Air Opening

I interviewed with them a few years ago...... could hear Connie yelling thru the walls many rooms away throughout the entire interview.

You would more then likely be placed in some type of operation position and gain "Kalitta" experience before migrating over to a desk. Now if you're coming from another 121 supplemental airline, that might be a different story. All of the airplanes have a printer and all Captains have an international Blackberry that can be hooked to the printer. Last I knew, they use some version of Navtech.

Other then constant worry about getting yelled at by Connie, they seem like a good place to work. They really have true job definitions within the OCC unlike other similar airlines. What I mean by that is the flight follower will be there to generate the paperwork and flight follow..... they won't be bothered with all the extra stuff that goes on at a 121 supp (like answering emails for charters weeks in advance, stuff like that).

Oooo...... the FSDO where they keep their certificate is also at YIP; so good FAA oversight for the most part.

Kalitta was one of my first interviews out of dispatch school. Very weird experience. I didn't get the job but the guy who was interviewed at the same time as me did. However, he ended up quitting within six months. I have heard they are profitable though, and it would seem to be good experience if you don't mind living in the YIP area.

Connie is pretty much hands off these days..Following the death of Doug, he's been laying kind of low--like, off-the-radar. He doesn't interfere in the operation. Our old Director of SOC at RIA was the former SOC Manager at CKS, and a former SOC Duty Manager at RIA was also the Lead DXer at CKS. CKS dispatchers/flight followers, while they were a supplemental carriers, they functioned like full 121 regular carriers. Current Director of SOC at CKS was the former Director of SOC at NAA. Very, very, small world!

Back