Kalitta Air Hiring

No but they are not in contract negotiations now. The increase in pay scale is a great sign that the company values the dispatchers and wants to keep them at K4. I agree OT time should be given to those whom want to pick up extra hours.

Higher starting pay is nice, schedule seems good, etc. but I have seriously never heard of a union shop that didn't have 1.5x OT in their contract as a minimum. Many have double time for shifts worked past the first OT day. Good luck with negotiations!

To add on @Yurie158 answer, K4 does put you up in a hotel for a month to find a place and they also give you some money for relocation.

Will add on to this, that crash padding, for those who would attempt commuting, is Delta-heavy towards Monroe County and collegiate-heavy over by Ann Arbor. They certainly do respect the K4/K4 II community as well but keep in mind, DTW is a healthy Uber's drive away. And good luck; we're all counting on you.

So you only get JS CASS once signed off?

It's not something that's "only gotten," I think, and should definitely be respected as such. I don't mean to sound aggressive in any way, but I do mean to be direct. JS and CASS isn't something I'd take lightly. It's cockpit access, on an aircraft which very well contain two hundred and fifty thousand pounds of "stuff," heading across the world in half of a day's time.

That all considered,
I do believe it is still sign-off, have-fun-be-safe at CKS. If it isn't right after the init training's completed, it's probably already been the 30 days' waiting time from hotel check-in, to once your initial is done.

As stated above, there's probably plenty of CKS folks who could or would be able to help.

It's not something that's "only gotten," I think, and should definitely be respected as such. I don't mean to sound aggressive in any way, but I do mean to be direct. JS and CASS isn't something I'd take lightly. It's cockpit access, on an aircraft which very well contain two hundred and fifty thousand pounds of "stuff," heading across the world in half of a day's time.

That all considered,
I do believe it is still sign-off, have-fun-be-safe at CKS. If it isn't right after the init training's completed, it's probably already been the 30 days' waiting time from hotel check-in, to once your initial is done.

As stated above, there's probably plenty of CKS folks who could or would be able to help.
Only asking for commuting purposes!
The major airlines ( currently working for one) give CASS from day one

Only asking for commuting purposes!
The major airlines ( currently working for one) give CASS from day one
No CASS from day 1, but as soon as you are signed off you will receive instruction on how to get registered with CASS. From first day to sign off will be roughly 2 months- from the month of class training to the (roughly) month of on the job training.

Higher starting pay is nice, schedule seems good, etc. but I have seriously never heard of a union shop that didn't have 1.5x OT in their contract as a minimum. Many have double time for shifts worked past the first OT day. Good luck with negotiations!
1.5x OT wasn’t an important topic during negotiations so it wasn’t contested. Having a pay scale raised 3 years before negotiations is historic especially for Kalitta! It’s another step forward in showing the commitment to excellence and goes a lot further to have a higher consistent pay check without additional hours worked.

Long time lurker, first time poster, does anyone know what the class start date is supposed to be for the current posting and how many they're looking to hire?

Back