KA 300 SIC question

Easton14

I've tried doing searches on this on several sites and it's been difficult to get a clear cut answer....gotta love the logging time questions but I'm all confused on this particular instance.... Maybe I'll have luck here.

I've got a chance for a part 91 job-King Air 300 corporate job flying right seat...I'm multi-commerical-instrument.

-The PIC with the type has "SIC required" on it.
-I've read 91.531, 61.51 and 61.55
-I understand it's a single pilot type a/c
-I've read about it being certified under SFAR 41..commuter category

1.)Because the PIC has a type rating in a single pilot a/c but can't fly it single pilot...can I log Multi/Turbine, TT & SIC in my logbook?

2.) If so, upon starting the job, if the PIC is an MEI/ATP, should I log it Dual received as he teaches me the airplane and I go over the SIC duties of 61.55?

Any help I'd certainly appreciate.

The King Air 300/350 is NOT a single pilot aircraft UNLESS the pilot has a single pilot type rating. When you get the BE300 type, it either says "BE300" or "BE300" with "SIC Required" under the limitations. I also have the SIC required limitation on my BE300 type. Yes, in this case, you can log total time and SIC time and all other applicable time (Multi, turbine, etc) when you're in the airplane.

As far as logging dual received, wether you do it that way or another way - you do need to show evidence that you have received the training required in 61.55.

That is the same for the 350 and the 1900. If the PIC has the SIC requirement on their certificate, you are required and can log it as such. As far as I know all the other King Airs don't require a type and thus don't require an SIC, with the exception of the military 200s that have the approval to take off over 12,500.

For what it's worth, the airplane is an awesome airplane. All of my time is in a 350 but I've heard the 300 performance is even a little better as it weighs less. Definately take the job - you'll have a blast.

Jason

PS - I just read an article about the new extended range 350 they are making - something like 5200 pounds of fuel!! If I remember correctly it was 2,400 nm at MAX cruise!! At LRC cruise you could get it to almost 12 hours endurance!!!! 12 hours in a King Air?? Serenity now, serenity now.....

Thanks guys! I'm hoping this opportunity works out....I think it'll be great experience/time building

Thanks guys! I'm hoping this opportunity works out....I think it'll be great experience/time building

I started out the same way as you. I got my SIC in the airplane and logged it as SIC Multi.

The PIC was an MEI so while I was training for the SIC, I logged the time as total multi time and dual recieved until I got my sic. It was a great experience. You wont regret it. Awesome airplane!

If you need anything, feel free to send me a message. Good luck

King Air 300 was the 1st multiengine airplane that i flew.
Great piece of equipment, and a blast to fly.
Wish i had the chance to fly one again.

Good luck and enjoy the gig!

Back