K4 bid

Stone Cold

A new bid just hit the email here. 50 new captains, out of a pilot group of a little over 500, I think. I haven't seen the latest and greatest seniority sheet yet.

30x 747 Captains
10x 767 Captains
10x 777 Captains

If you're coming here, be ready for a quick upgrade. Study study study. My guess is the captain list for the 747 will go down to 18 month upgrades. I'm already in month 5 and just finished IOE. Crazy times.

I recognize that I am not a competitive candidate yet, but still have my sights set on K4. Purely out of curiosity, what is the story with the 777s? I read that they are ex EK aircraft...but are they to be flown for SkyCargo, or just standard ACMI?

Thanks!

How much credit are your lines built for? Guarantee to be expected or are lines built above that?

How much credit are your lines built for? Guarantee to be expected or are lines built above that?
Most lines are above guarantee (on the 747...I don't look at the 767, but apparently they don't fly much).

Edit to add: this is my first time bidding, but it looked like most 74 lines were above guarantee. We do have chaos on our lines though, to be discussed over beers.

Last edited:
Most lines are above guarantee (on the 747...I don't look at the 767, but apparently they don't fly much).

Edit to add: this is my first time bidding, but it looked like most 74 lines were above guarantee. We do have chaos on our lines though, to be discussed over beers.

Many thanks! Congrats on the new type and home base as well!

A new bid just hit the email here. 50 new captains, out of a pilot group of a little over 500, I think. I haven't seen the latest and greatest seniority sheet yet.

30x 747 Captains
10x 767 Captains
10x 777 Captains

If you're coming here, be ready for a quick upgrade. Study study study. My guess is the captain list for the 747 will go down to 18 month upgrades. I'm already in month 5 and just finished IOE. Crazy times.
Well done man, great to see you finding your happy place and enjoying success!

I wouldn't count on split lines, they don't happen to often and you're giving up an extra travel day by doing that too.

Bid just came out

Most Junior 777 capt under two years
Most Junior 747 capt 1 year and 3 months.
Most Junior 767 capt under a year

I wouldn't count on split lines, they don't happen to often and you're giving up an extra travel day by doing that too.

Bid just came out

Most Junior 777 capt under two years
Most Junior 747 capt 1 year and 3 months.
Most Junior 767 capt under a year

Seems like every month there are more and more spilt lines.

We do have split lines. Seems like we are getting more and more each month.

Just a note with split lines. They don't really help because they're all 1st of the month to maybe the 6th, then 13 days off and work until the end of the month. You'll most likely be away from the 20th to the 6th or some combination which makes the split line thing kind of moot. At least that's been my opinion of split lines...

Just a note with split lines. They don't really help because they're all 1st of the month to maybe the 6th, then 13 days off and work until the end of the month. You'll most likely be away from the 20th to the 6th or some combination which makes the split line thing kind of moot. At least that's been my opinion of split lines...

Exactly and the company owns you for another day zero.

Back