Just sent my first resume!

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
I just sent my resume to Trans States Airlines.

I have no legitimate reason to believe anything will come of it but it felt good sending it.

My plan is to send my resume to anything/one with aviation or airline in the title while I work on my CFIs. I don't expect anything to come of themt but I may get lucky and pick up an odd-job or two here and there and if I get extremely lucky I might even get a part-time job. The worst that will happen is I dont hear anything from anyone.

But I'll never know unless I try!
grin.gif

I think it finally hit me after I sent it.

I have a commercial license now and - technically - I can be legally paid to do this crazy $#@^!

Kind of a cool feeling.

But I'm a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off from it being a reality. But, damn it, I'm gonna have ahelluva fun time getting there!
grin.gif

More power to ya bro!!

I plan on doing something similar with my resume' (at a couple of places) when I finish the Comm. ticket. Not that I'll have a snowball's chance in FLorida of getting a job, but it'll get my name out there.

Hey - folks remember a good laugh, right?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I'll have a snowball's chance in FLorida of getting a job, but it'll get my name out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not fly banners? They hire with wet ink on a Commercial ticket (most of the time). I've always though that'd be fun.
smile.gif

Ah, they're pathetically low. I just passed my commercial last week.

But about 330 total
290 multi

Check out my "Newest Commercial pilot in the west" thread for the breakdown.

Which is why I said I had no legitimate reason ot believe I'd hear anything from 'em but it was just kinda cool to send it.
smirk.gif

Congrats 602! That's exciting! So, how many resumes will you send out before you get a job? Keep track, it'd be good coffee table discussion material in 30 years when you're left seat A340 SFO-JFK route.

Hey never hurts to send um in. All they can say is "thank you but, you don't meet our minimums at this time. Look us up when you have the mins."

[ QUOTE ]
Hey never hurts to send um in. All they can say is "thank you but, you don't meet our minimums at this time. Look us up when you have the mins."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. And it'll get my resume into several systems and as I update them every couple moths or so it should, hopefully, show a growth on my part and seriousness for gettingthe job.

I just still get a little thrill knowing I actually sent a resume ... heh. Doesn't take much to get me happy, I guess.

Sending out resumes, even if you don't meet the mins shows interest. And if over time the same recruiter sees your name over and over, it will begin to show them that you are truly interested in working for them.

Remember all they can say is No.

Good Luck,

--03M

Back