"Just like the airlines"

G

\"Just like the airlines\"

So being consistent with the theme of being "just like an airline" I am surprised that the students aren't unionized "just like the airlines".
In situations where professional pilots feel as if they are being treated unfairly, being taken advantage of, or exploited in anyway, they can turn to their unions and the big bosses up top will hear them or deal with a walk out and all the things associated with it like bad press.
I would be more than willing to pay a few bucks a month to a real sharp negotiator to have my back on some of these issues.
"Just like the airlines"

Re: \"Just like the airlines\"

Pan Am would go out of business for sure if we had a union to uphold our rights! LOL

Or better yet, we could defintely get a new Chief Pilot out of the deal, which would be the next best thing.

I mean does he really ever work anyways, the only time I see him he's either sitting up stairs on the couch flirting with the schedulers, or he's just getting back from Starbucks with a capuchino in his BMW...

Fukoki, can you BELIEVE he actually made eye contact with me Friday when he walked by??

If you don't like it why don't you leave? You'll save more then the $2000 penlty if you finish somewhere else.

Tired,
Thats EXACTLY the kind of idiotic mentality that most of the students complain about. "If you don't like it......LEAVE." Truth is, most students don't want to leave, can't leave or don't want to go through the trouble of leaving. With that kind of mentality I am sure students really feel welcomed and assured that Pan Am will be there for them. For all of the "prospective" students of Pan Am, this is a prime example of the Pan Am administration at work. Most students have altered their lives in a major way to attend Pan Am. They have left jobs, they have left loved ones, they have uprooted and moved from all areas of the country, they have gone into huge amounts of debt....just to be told by Pan Am administration "If you don't like it....LEAVE!!!!" I left, and yes it has been cheaper to lose my 2K than continue at Pan Am, but it sure was a hard pill to swallow knowing that you theiving, low life scumbags made a profit just because I left. I really do hope that all of this comes full circle and Pan Am finds itself in financial ruin. I really would like to think that I had a small part in Pan Am's demise. You people disgust me!!!

They will go down FLdiver... just give it time! You made the right choice. You're probably farther along than any of your other classmates. Pan Scam thinks they can produce...HA. B/S! Continue to fly high FLdiver and when your first officers are ex-pan amers just laugh at the UNBELIEVABLE amount of money that they go SUCKERED into spending.

FLDriver: It’s not hard to leave Pan Am and go to another school. Some of Pan Am’s biggest competitors are right across the field. If you don’t like the other big school, then there are other schools at other airports near PHX and FPR that are more then happy to accommodate ex-Pan Am students. Its not like the student has to move again or take out another loan, they just need to drive to a different airport and remember not to wear their uniform.

Why are you people so negative towards Pan Am? I think you guys are forgetting that real people work there, and it’s only a few people at the top that make the decisions. The rest of the staff just has to go with the flow. Why would you wish the demise of Pan Am on people that are just trying to get a start in aviation just like you guys? What benefit would you get from Pan Am closing down? You wouldn’t get any money back or other tangible benefit, you’d only get personal satisfaction at the cost of many other people’s suffering. This wish that Pan Am fail is particularly hypocritical of keephopealive09, who has said before that he has “been filled with bad luck”. If you’ve had such as tough life why would you wish that on others?

Anyways, Pan Am isn’t going away anytime soon. I guess people are happy, since there are quite a few students at both campuses.

Tired,
Oh....you MUST be part of Pan Scam administration, I know this is a petty complaint, but this is about the third time you have got my screen name wrong, even after I have corrected you in the past. Can you not read? Again, a petty, but prime example of how Pan Am really listens to its students, hell you can't even get a freakin name right !!!
You are correct that it is not hard to leave Pan Am, just sign the paper and out you go....simple. Simple for Pan Am, not so simple for a student. Yes, you are correct, there are quite a few schools nearby that are more than willing to accomodate ex-Pan Amer's, I looked into a lot of them myself. Do you know that every single school had a few Ex-Pan Amer's attending? You say that a student will not have to take out another loan....that depends on the school and their affiliation with Key Bank. Some offer it, some don't. Why are so many students EX- Pan Amer's? One really has to ask why? There is definately something going on at that place, it may not affect everyone there but it affects enough people that word is getting out.
Why, you ask, are there so many people that are negative about Pan Scam???? Could it be that they run a shady business ethic? They lure you in with new A/C and fancy new facilities with the additional reassurance that they will get you "Further, Faster, for Sure". Thats the biggest hunk of B.S. that I have ever heard in my life. Pan Am preys on people who have big dreams. Pan Am's most precious victims are the people who have never really been around aviation but have big dreams and are willing to make the big step in persuing those dreams. Unfortunately, these people, not unlike myself, aren't really informed of what they are getting into. They don't know what questions to ask and they don't know who to believe. By the time these people see what this school is really about, it is too late. They have already spent a lot of money and a lot of time, then they have to make the decision of who gets the remainder of their money. Should they continue at Pan Scam because if they bug out, it will cost them, or should they take the loss and go to another academy and risk getting reamed in the poop chute one more time?
In my humble opinion, Pan Am gives all the other academies a black eye. They have no business ethic at all, and an attitude to boot. "If you don't like it, you can leave".
The real people that work at Pan Am need to send a message to the "thugs" at the top. There is a growing number of students that aren't happy and changes need to be made. A few of your disgruntled students are extremely opinionated and boistrious and intend on getting the message to as many people as possible.
I, myself, wish the demise of Pan Am because the academy gives aviation and aviation academies like it a bad name.
Since it is so darn easy to leave Pan Am, it wouldn't be too much of a problem for students to go elsewhere if Pan Am were to go under. There would be no student suffering, unless you are refering to the trouble of having to find and attend another school, which was the basic idea of your original post. Yes, it would be extremely self satisfying to see Pan Am close its doors. The benefit would come from "weeding out" the bad apples of aviation academies and boosting overall morale throughout the aviation community and bringing a good name to aviation academies as a group.
As far as getting any of my money back, I got some back, not enough for all of my trouble however. I just hope the few thousand they bled me for, was worth the bad publicity.
This post is getting too long and I am tired so I will shut up for now...there is a hell of a lot more to be said. I do apologioze for the ranting. Some things just hit that one nerve that gets me going.

Back