Just introducing myself

mrjiggs287

Hey all you JC members,
As a brand new member I just thought I would introduce myself to the group. I am a B-52 instructor pilot who will be retiring from the Air Force in 3 years...it is time I figure out what to do when I grow up. This seems like a good place to start.

I go by MrJiggs287 because Mr. Jiggs is our squadron's mascot and I am the 287th B-52 FTU instructor. As you might imagine I enjoy a good "There I was..." story and have a few of my own. All of them guaranteed to adhere to the 10% rule, I assure you.

In the next couple of years I will be looking for the best place to get my ATP as well as what type ratings I should consider pursuing. I'm not worried about making a ton of cash as my kids will all be grown and starting their lives by the time I retire. Oddly enough I've not traveled much over the last 17 years; at least not to places I wanted to go. Therefore, my wife and I will be looking for a new adventure, possibly overseas. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope I can be a contributing member of this community.

Cheers!

Very cool! I always go to the airshow there each spring. I flight instruct in Longview just west of you guys. We get a LOT of military action, but never any B-52s. I bet there isn't much draw when the runway isn't wide enough though, but it's a good 10,000' runway. Just curious, what's the smallest runways / smallest taxiways you guys are allowed to land on / taxi on?

Hacker15e,
Actually, I am a '97 OTS grad. I have a couple of years enlisted time as a B-52 avionics maintainer.

break, break,

JustinS,
Need 150' wide runway/taxiway. But, it is usually a load bearing strength on the runway/taxiways that keeps off a lot of airfields. Our twin tandem gear put a lot of strain on the ground.

Back