Just a couple...

PGT

Took my dad out for a flight today since I need a few more hours of XC PIC for IR. It's nice flying a 180hp loaded Skyhawk! Anyway I took it up 8,500 on the way back and it still had power to go higher....mind you we took off with full fuel and 360lbs between the two of us.

The sunset and it's beauty, I probably have a better picture but you guys get the idea :)
Exmp2.jpg

A sweet experimental plane
EXP.jpg

At this moment we were 94knots across the ground, at 8,500 we were 130. I started my descent way out at 500fpm, didn't want to be rough on the engine.
IMG_2289.jpg

Right rudder...:p

Awesome pics.

That's a Velocity by the way. It's what I'd build if I had any sort of possitive account balance...:(

At this moment we were 94knots across the ground, at 8,500 we were 130. I started my descent way out at 500fpm, didn't want to be rough on the engine.
[IMG]http://e.imagehost.org/0407/IMG_2289.jpg

Umm, looks like you're climbing, brotha!

IMG_2289.jpg

just curious, what is cooking with the nav1? You're either a great stick or it's broke. ;) I see your DTK is 150 and that's what you have the Nav1 spun to. Just wondering why you wouldn't have it tuned to something.

I know different people do things different ways, just curious to hear the reasoning behind different people's methods.

Were you just buzzing around St. Cloud, or did you go home? Judging by the frequencies you weren't near St. Cloud.

just curious, what is cooking with the nav1? You're either a great stick or it's broke. ;) I see your DTK is 150 and that's what you have the Nav1 spun to. Just wondering why you would have it tuned to something.

I know different people do things different ways, just curious to hear the reasoning behind different people's methods.

Were you just buzzing around St. Cloud, or did you go home? Judging by the frequencies you weren't near St. Cloud.
it looks like there is a source selector above Nav1, it is set to GPS mode, and then he has the DTK course set in for situational awareness. that is how i would do it if i were using the GPS

it looks like there is a source selector above Nav1, it is set to GPS mode, and then he has the DTK course set in for situational awareness. that is how i would do it if i were using the GPS

doh, that's what I get for not looking at the WHOLE picture. I noticed the DTK on the KLN and didn't even think about 'gps' mode....need more coffee...:eek:

You're either a great stick or it's broke. ;)

Guess that means I'm a great stick, thanks! :)

Na I was back home, last time I took my dad for a ride was almost exactly a year ago so it was way overdue. It felt nice just to fly somewhere, not caring about building hours or shooting approaches.

Back