Junkyard Wars is taking to the air

flying_ME

Just saw a promo for Junkyard Wars on TLC... this Sunday (3/9/03) they are going to be building planes from junkyard parts (they have to fly them too
smile.gif
)... might be neat. Check your local listings.

I saw one where they did gliders....more like ultralights without engines....will probably be the same thing mostly...but still interesting

JYW is also doing a Centennial of Flight special where the two teams are going to build Wright Brother's era aircraft using the materials and techniques of the day. Don't know when it airs but keep an eye out for it (it was featured in an article in Air & Space a month or so back - the big Centennial issue)

JYW rocks, BTW.

[geek:mode]/off

Yeah, but I want to see "Monster Garage" do something aviation-related! It'd be cool to see Jessie James' thug approach to a Navajo or a Duchess.

Monster Garage is awesome. My favorite so far is the Zamboni episode. However, the walnut tree shaker was pretty unique.

[ QUOTE ]
JYW is also doing a Centennial of Flight special where the two teams are going to build Wright Brother's era aircraft using the materials and techniques of the day. Don't know when it airs but keep an eye out for it (it was featured in an article in Air & Space a month or so back - the big Centennial issue)

JYW rocks, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think this is the one they are airing this Sunday (3/9). It's at 8PM on the east coast (damn it! why put it up against the Simpsons!!??). I forgot to mention it's a Megawar (pausing for Ooohh's and Ahh's)... with US, UK and French teams competing against each other. more info in tlc.com if interested.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I want to see "Monster Garage" do something aviation-related! It'd be cool to see Jessie James' thug approach to a Navajo or a Duchess.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did! They took a Geo Tracker (I think) and turned into a portable launch/recovery system for a hot air baloon. They built the basket into the back of the truck (detachable of course) and then they "raced" the contraption off-road against a monster truck.

Monster Garage rocks too!
wink.gif

(I'm a Discovery franchise junkie if no one could tell yet)

Back