Jumpseating on Cargo Carriers

If you JS with FedEx, they’re kind of strict with no facial hair. JS coordinator reminded me that one time
I can report that this was true the one time I jumped home on Fedex...and also the only time I called my girl and said, "Honey, I missed you so much, I fedexed myself home. "

I’d be curious as well. My only guess is perhaps it’s something to do with gendecs, or the same reason OAL can’t jumpseat internationally on other company metal.

I thought it was along these lines at first but idk lol other cargo outfits let you hitch a ride

Did it have a curtain or a flight deck door?

767 has no door or curtain. The 777 has a curtain but I've never seen it used it stays tied up. As far as I know they haven't changed the rule about offline DX cannot jump on any aircraft without a hardened door. Seeing as we keep getting more and more 767's it's going to become harder for OAL DX to hitch a ride on us. Rule doesn't apply to OAL pilots.

767 has no door or curtain. The 777 has a curtain but I've never seen it used it stays tied up. As far as I know they haven't changed the rule about offline DX cannot jump on any aircraft without a hardened door. Seeing as we keep getting more and more 767's it's going to become harder for OAL DX to hitch a ride on us. Rule doesn't apply to OAL pilots.
Even if the OAL dispatchers are in CASS? Seems like that a very specifically discriminatory rule. At one point I was told that a FDX dispatcher couldn’t ride in the flight deck unless on the fam ride, but an OAL DX in CASS could,

Even if the OAL dispatchers are in CASS?
Yep. It’s a FDX Security policy. How one can deemed a “threat” when both go through the same security checks is definitely a head scratcher. Last I knew it was being addressed. Not sure if that’s the case given all the changes currently happening over there. FDX DX can ride around the system with no limits when not on FAM.

Back