Jumpseating and TSA

Go for the generalissimo look.

Fakkadi.jpg

I think the Sascha Baron Cohen look might also work.

The lack of any sort of consistency with TSA is certainly annoying. The best way to get through security, like some have said, is probably to create a dummy listing on your own airline and get a boarding pass that way. However, that's an issue for cargo dispatchers since we can't get a boarding pass using that method. I've tried creating a dummy listing with the airlines on myIDTravel and using the record locator to generate a boarding pass on their websites/apps, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I think the Sascha Baron Cohen look might also work.

View attachment 47637

The lack of any sort of consistency with TSA is certainly annoying. The best way to get through security, like some have said, is probably to create a dummy listing on your own airline and get a boarding pass that way. However, that's an issue for cargo dispatchers since we can't get a boarding pass using that method. I've tried creating a dummy listing with the airlines on myIDTravel and using the record locator to generate a boarding pass on their websites/apps, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Southwest will let you check in online and gives you a pass to print. You can enter your KTN on myIDtravel and even reprint on a kiosk.

I was able to get a boarding pass on the JetBlue app using a confirmation/PNR code from myIDTravel. However, AA and WN apps have told me I can't check in online and need to call, which defeats the purpose of obtaining a boarding pass to satisfy the almighty TSA. Anyone else have the same experience?

I was able to get a boarding pass on the JetBlue app using a confirmation/PNR code from myIDTravel. However, AA and WN apps have told me I can't check in online and need to call, which defeats the purpose of obtaining a boarding pass to satisfy the almighty TSA. Anyone else have the same experience?

AA needs an agent to add the priority code, even the kiosk won’t do this.

WN has to be the desktop based website. I did this a few days ago coming back from LAS. Mobile website and app will fail with the message to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AA needs an agent to add the priority code, even the kiosk won’t do this.

WN has to be the desktop based website. I did this a few days ago coming back from LAS. Mobile website and app will fail with the message to call.

Thank you very much, that should help a lot with the world's greatest agency.

I'm not sure of WN (although I would assume most carries would be able to do this), but in this scenario you can always just go to the AA ticket counter, give them your name and PNR and they can hook you right on up with a standby verification boarding pass. Last time I was in Mexico, it wouldn't let me check in so I had to do the same thing. It's rather painless... Well, the line may not be.

For WN, you can do it on your phone. You just need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click “view full site.” As someone above said, the mobile app version will give you an error. As long as you are on the “full site” it will work.

To go along with this topic, is an airline ID an acceptable form of ID?

It’s a pain to jumpseat to begin with but lately I’ve also been getting hassled on my airline ID. I just wish TSA would be consistent on what’s approved and what’s not

It’s a pain to jumpseat to begin with but lately I’ve also been getting hassled on my airline ID. I just wish TSA would be consistent on what’s approved and what’s not
A few years back I was non-revving out of my home airport where I had a SIDA badge. Showed TSA the SIDA badge going through security and they refused to accept it. They insisted on seeing my driver's license. I literally could have walked through the turnstile that was 20 feet away but was following protocol and going through security since I was flying. Gotta love TSA.

Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint in order to travel.
  • Transportation worker identification credential

Though, I can't even recall how many times I've called a TSA Supervisor over and shown them this right off of their own website. Sometimes it's just not even worth the hassle, I'll just list for a flight out of the terminal and use my precheck along with drivers license.

Though, I can't even recall how many times I've called a TSA Supervisor over and shown them this right off of their own website. Sometimes it's just not even worth the hassle, I'll just list for a flight out of the terminal and use my precheck along with drivers license.
I always carry my passport just in case i need to list on another airline. That way they can look me up in CASS at the gate. More and more airlines are moving away from this but i believe that is still how Delta does it.

And secondly, I could use my Global Entry card?!?!?! I REALLY want to try this now just to see how much issues I can cause.

For WN, you can do it on your phone. You just need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click “view full site.” As someone above said, the mobile app version will give you an error. As long as you are on the “full site” it will work.

Listing on a random WN flight worked beautifully on my latest flight. Easiest time I've had yet get through TSA. Cancelled the listing as soon as I was though security. No supervisors, blank stares, or lectures required.

Cargo DX here.

TSA PreCheck / Global Entry is the best 100 bucks you can spend. However, even on a renewal, due to the stupid shutdown, preapprovals are taking forever. My APEC Travel Card (think of it as Global Entry in SE Asia) renewal came back in 2 weeks with my new passport. I use that to breeze thru HK customs (never a line after a 15 hour flight when I am clearing by myself), works in Canada too.

I also agree with someone else, shirt is fine, but I'd never wear epaulets. If your ID says CREW, even then I don't think I would, I can see some smurf asking you for your ATP (granted if they can even spell ATP).

Concur on the MyIDTravel KTN, use it all the time...

Any FX DX here? Saw somewhere else that offline DX can’t be in the cockpit per company regs which means we can’t jump on the 767 and similar. Any truth to this?

I think it is the 767, 777, and MD-11 that we can't use because there is no physical flight deck door.

Back