Jumpseat in Skywest CRJ700

JayAre

Got to ride jumpseat the other day in the new jet around the patch. First time up in the cockpit tons of stuff to look at, the MFD had me all screwed up at first. Just the breaker panel seemed as big as the entire front panel in the skyhawk. I was amazed how quite it is even with the reversers on. Hope to go again next week I'll see if I can get some pics and post them.

WOW! Sounds fun. I saw it for the first time yesterday on the ramp collecting snow! Can't wait to fly it!

Chris are you upgrading to the 700? The pilots were talking about how different the landing is, very high pitch up compared to the 200 with the leading edge flaps. The plane was so light we needed lots of weight to soften it up on the touchdown. I was so suprised how clean the cockpit is. Having flown just piston twins I was looking for all the extra levers props, mixture, cowl flaps, gagues, etc... all you have it just two power levers and your flaps to the right. And talk about CRM the NFP was so busy it looked like the FP had the easiest thing to do of just flying the plane. I hope I can score another ride in it soon.

We'll all eventually be trained in the 700. Skywest plans on integrating the fleets. A pilot's trip could include legs in the 700 or 200.

I flew an airplane yesterday that got it's airworthiness cert. on Jan.5. It still had the "new car" smell!

Do you work in the hangar?

[ QUOTE ]
We'll all eventually be trained in the 700. Skywest plans on integrating the fleets. A pilot's trip could include legs in the 700 or 200.

I flew an airplane yesterday that got it's airworthiness cert. on Jan.5. It still had the "new car" smell!

Do you work in the hangar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I remember when all there was were Metros at Skywest.

At Air Cargo, we had one of the first planes in the Skywest fleet, a PA-31 N160SW. Got many an hour in that bird.

SkyWChris or anybody do you know if Skywest is getting the CRJ-700 for the Delta side of business or are they keeping em just on the United side?

Was the 700 in Delta or Untied paint? Cause when I was SLC like last week they had a CRJ-700 in United paint in the hanger is this the same CRJ in question?

Corrie

Yeah, that's the one. Right now they will be coming only in United colors. There's rumors of us getting some for Delta Connection, but none confirmed.

Yup new Jet smell it was tight. It was the United paint. They have been doing airwork out of Cedar and St. George basiclly just touch n go's it is so much quiter than the brasillia. Dont work in the hanger. Just aquainted with some of the training dept won't drop any names but there cool. I should have my time by first of March to put in an app.

Hey Chris, do you ever fly the Denver-Missoula (and back) route? I take skywest up there pretty often, in fact I'll be going up again next thursday. It would be cool to have a jetcareers guy flying the plane
grin.gif

When I fly back home to PHX I always see 3-4 Skywest CRJ-700's overnighting in PHX. for the night.

Must be a very popular jet for the United side of business.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
When I fly back home to PHX I always see 3-4 Skywest CRJ-700's overnighting in PHX. for the night.

Must be a very popular jet for the United side of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you sure those aren't Mesa's jets you're looking at? I don't think SkyWest has 3-4 700s yet.

The Mesa jets are probably still in AmWest colors in PHX. Not sure if the United birds go to PHX yet.

Correct-a-mundo. Skywest only has only ONE so far and it's not even on line yet. It's not scheduled to be in service until the 15th. I think Mesa is doing PHX-LAX with theirs right now as well as some DEN flying.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually those are Mesa's, they have at least 4 in United colors. They flow through PHX for MX.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads up I forgot that Mesa does work for United as well.

The 700's are awesome jets, but the 900's from Mesa are just like "whoa".

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]

The 700's are awesome jets, but the 900's from Mesa are just like "whoa".

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme just put it this way.

I got scolded by a gate agent for even attempting to get to work on a -900 because their dispatch reliability puts a Yugo to shame.

I remember the only time I've been on one, we're taxiing out to the runway in Phoenix and I hear "Oil...Pressure...Oil...Pressure" then "BOOOOoooo" as the engine shuts down. And then "Oil...Pressure... Oil....Pressure..." and then "BOOOoooooo.." as the other engine shuts down.

Sure glad I left early that day!
smile.gif

Back