Joining Skywest

Congrats!

One of our guys starts ground school there in like a week and a half. I know he's excited.

If you see another freight dog who everybody likes with the initials LT, you've found one of our best.

Congrats!

One of our guys starts ground school there in like a week and a half. I know he's excited.

If you see another freight dog who everybody likes with the initials LT, you've found one of our best.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for him!

Congrats! I'm down in atlanta for sim training on the CRJ. It's my first 121 rodeo but the training dept. seems really sharp. They will go above and beyond to see you succeed!

ahsmatt7 said:
Congrats! I'm down in atlanta for sim training on the CRJ. It's my first 121 rodeo but the training dept. seems really sharp. They will go above and beyond to see you succeed!
SKW does sim training in ATL? Congrats though both of you.

One of the best instructors Skywest had, my good friend, Scott Martin passed away last year. I just can't fathom going to SLC and not seeing his devious smile.
When I was a tamper for OO in 2003, Scott was doing a check out flight in the RJ in Psp. He looked over at me, smiled and said, "hey you wanna go?". Boy would I.

Fast forwarded to 2007 during my left seat transition to the jet, he was doing my check out flight. That night while flying into the coachella valley we were blazing down on the descent at 320 knots. I noticed us passing 10,500' at a high rate of descent thinking there's no way he's gonna make the 250 kt restriction.
Just as I opened my mouth, I hear a familiar voice thru my telex 750's say, "shut up it's 3am". A smile ensued on my face the rest of the way in. Lol. He was a good guy and the training dept lost a great instructor that day.

Enjoy your time at Skywest. They have a great training dept, knowledgable pilots, and great maintenance.

Back