Jobs in UT

skylerwm

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any flying jobs in Utah. I have contacted all the flight schools and it seems no one is hiring. I have just under 1000 TT and around 190 Multi. I have seen a banner tow airplane flying around quite a bit and am wondering about all opportunities in Utah for flying from Ogden down to St. George. Any info would be great.

Yeah, it's pretty grim. Traffic watch in SLC dried up a month ago, not much demand for CFIs at the moment, either. There is VERY little else out there.

Anybody know when the anything about the brine shrimp spotter stuff? I know they fly 172s and use the dirt strips up at Promontory Point and that little island south of there, but I haven't heard anything else really; when the season is, etc.

Yeah, it's pretty grim. Traffic watch in SLC dried up a month ago, not much demand for CFIs at the moment, either. There is VERY little else out there.

Anybody know when the anything about the brine shrimp spotter stuff? I know they fly 172s and use the dirt strips up at Promontory Point and that little island south of there, but I haven't heard anything else really; when the season is, etc.

I'm fairly sure the brine shrimp stuff is in the winter months, but I could very well be wrong. I'm just trying to remember what month it was when I kept getting "low level traffic, maneuvering over the lake" traffic calls from SL Approach.

As far as other jobs go, I CFI in SLC and haven't heard anything about any jobs in quite a while that would be in your hour range. I'm keeping my eyes open though.

I'm headed to the Ogden area in a few weeks. It sounds like flying jobs are few and far between in the area but I still plan on knocking on a few doors and turning over a couple of rocks. Can anyone direct me to a few places? What about just a good operation to rent from, is that a possibility? I have 1450tt, 1000 dual and 350 ME.

I'm headed to the Ogden area in a few weeks. It sounds like flying jobs are few and far between in the area but I still plan on knocking on a few doors and turning over a couple of rocks. Can anyone direct me to a few places? What about just a good operation to rent from, is that a possibility? I have 1450tt, 1000 dual and 350 ME.

Like was mentioned before, check out Leading Edge in Ogden. If you're willing to go down to KSLC, there's a new flight school that just opened up called Astral. I can't remember the exact $s, but they have excellent deals as far as rental rates on 172s.

Also...the brine shrimp boats are out on the lake again...any leads on jobs flying the spotter planes?

Back