Jobs in Eastern Washington??

av8r

I'm looking for full-time, entry-level work (non-flying) in the Spokane, WA area. Willing to do just about anything as long as it's aviation related. Especially interested in line services or ramp agent jobs...but I would be eager for anything! Anyone heard of anything?

Thanks! :)

I know ameriflight/airpac/ aero flight all have cargo ops there, might be able to find a job as a bag jammer. but other than that nothing really that i know off the top of my head. good luck

Check Spokane Airways at GEG on the GA side. Tossing boxes for Fed Ex or UPS at GEG as well. Felts had a couple of FBOs check there. Check all the airlines websites that operate out of GEG for ramp rat jobs. SFCC works out there maybe he knows of something.

Hello. Spokane Airways just lost the ground contract with US Airways. So all they have left is UPS and that is part time, but expect a lot of major cuts.

Horizon might be picking up some people, since they were just awarded the US Airways contract, but have a feeling that some Spokane Airways guys will jump over to Horizon.

United no since they were hiring only season ramp only that ends this month.

SWA no

UPS has part time bag handler jobs. Monday through Friday only 15-20 hours a week.

Skywest has some part time lines right now. But you should be able to move up to full time.
https://www.ultirecruit.com/sky1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*7CF335BF7E8BD4FE

Thanks for the direction everyone! I've been searching the airline websites without much luck. Hard to come by full-time work with the airlines these days I guess. Nevertheless, I appreciate your responses!

I work at Spokane Airways and it is looking tough out there. We are losing contracts and Horizon and Skywest picked them all up. Good news about losing the contract is that I get to fill in as other people leave at the tail end of this contract. I just wish there was some VFR 135 flying around here because I am getting so close to IFR mins but two students doesn't move the numbers too well.

I work at Spokane Airways and it is looking tough out there. We are losing contracts and Horizon and Skywest picked them all up. Good news about losing the contract is that I get to fill in as other people leave at the tail end of this contract. I just wish there was some VFR 135 flying around here because I am getting so close to IFR mins but two students doesn't move the numbers too well.

Does UsAir hate Airways or something? Cause Horizon taking over that is harsh.

Cessnaflyer...how long have you been out at Spokane Airways?

Aside from line services or chuckin' luggage...are you aware of any administrative type jobs out there? Most of my work experience has been behind a desk...just curious. Like you said, it's looking pretty tough for us newbies trying to break into the industry. I just completed a degree in Professional Aeronautics through ERAU...now the hunt begins.

Also, do you know if there's a cost difference for flight training at Felts Field versus Spokane Airways? Or are the rates comparable?

Aside from line services or chuckin' luggage...are you aware of any administrative type jobs out there? Most of my work experience has been behind a desk...just curious. Like you said, it's looking pretty tough for us newbies trying to break into the industry. I just completed a degree in Professional Aeronautics through ERAU...now the hunt begins.

Also, do you know if there's a cost difference for flight training at Felts Field versus Spokane Airways? Or are the rates comparable?

Felts is cheaper, until you get to the CSEL program, I will give Spokane Airways the edge on that one. One thing I like about Felts is that Rick Harbor the DE is down there, so you learn a lot from him.

I don't know of any admin jobs around here.

As for the flight instruction I got a lot of students from Felts that came up because the aircraft were down for maintenance for prolonged periods of time and some said it was cheaper. I'm not sure what the price is down there but here at Airways it is $104 for the 172's and $35 for the instructor. We also have a 172RG for $125 but it is down right now for a new engine and will hopefully be up soon because it is what we use quite often in the winter time because of the 430W.

Felts is cheaper, until you get to the CSEL program, I will give Spokane Airways the edge on that one. One thing I like about Felts is that Rick Harbor the DE is down there, so you learn a lot from him.

Rick Harbor is our Chief Pilot and DE we use most often.

Back