Job Shadows?

dbh9828

I am wondering if there would be anyway
for me to shadow a commercial pilot.
But I thought that it might become a
safety issue. If you have any info on
this topic, please reply. Thanks
smile.gif

Do you mean follow a pilot around for the day? If that's what you mean if your lucky you mightble to find a corporate pilot that might let you ride a long with them. Unless you have connections it's pretty hard to do this. They don't let just anybody in the right seat of a company airplane.........

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I guess it's not the easiest job to shadow. Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, anyone in a 121 outfit probably wouldn't let you. I asked about this in my ramp training class, and they said you USED to be able to jumpseat and shadow for a day. Then with all the 9/11 stuff, that is long gone.

Why not ask yoru local flight school to shadow a CFI for a morning - they would probably be more then willing to help you out. I know I had people whom I did not know sit in on quite a few of my flights.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not ask yoru local flight school to shadow a CFI for a morning -

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivering pizzas?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not ask yoru local flight school to shadow a CFI for a morning -

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivering pizzas?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you have to see all aspects of the job - don't you??

[ QUOTE ]
Delivering pizzas?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That requires that I didn't have to sell my vehicle in order to pay my rent. If I want a second job, I have to come up with the cash for a car first! Talk about Catch 22!

Anyone from Canada-is this allowed up here? I think we can't have a pax when it's a training flight, but in the States you can so who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Delivering pizzas?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That requires that I didn't have to sell my vehicle in order to pay my rent. If I want a second job, I have to come up with the cash for a car first! Talk about Catch 22!

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys rock!
laugh.gif

Back