Job Posting Question

thegriffinpages

AKA "Icicles"
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. I posted an intro the general thread (I think) if you are interested.

My question:

I've been reading past threads about job openings, and you guys seem to know a lot about how many openings there are, where people are leaving to, company bases changing, etc.

I'm just wondering how you find out that kind of stuff. Can't imagine HR would give you all that when you apply. Guess you hear through the colleague grapevine?

I won't be starting ADX School until after the first of the year (saving up to pay it with cash instead of a loan), but was just doing some research on how the hiring process works in the Dispatch side of things.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. I posted an intro the general thread (I think) if you are interested.

My question:

I've been reading past threads about job openings, and you guys seem to know a lot about how many openings there are, where people are leaving to, company bases changing, etc.

I'm just wondering how you find out that kind of stuff. Can't imagine HR would give you all that when you apply. Guess you hear through the colleague grapevine?

I won't be starting ADX School until after the first of the year (saving up to pay it with cash instead of a loan), but was just doing some research on how the hiring process works in the Dispatch side of things.

Thanks!

I’d venture that what you’re seeing is Dispatchers who are working who have the knowledge either from their own desire to move to a different place, or, one of their coworkers. That, and JSfirm.com/Indeed.com/etc.. all post them.

I know where I went to dispatch school is very proactive in posting jobs, many that aren’t posted elsewhere.

Good luck, there’s always a job, it’s just a matter if it works for you...

I’d venture that what you’re seeing is Dispatchers who are working who have the knowledge either from their own desire to move to a different place, or, one of their coworkers. That, and JSfirm.com/Indeed.com/etc.. all post them.

I know where I went to dispatch school is very proactive in posting jobs, many that aren’t posted elsewhere.

Good luck, there’s always a job, it’s just a matter if it works for you...

Thanks! I figured that was probably the case.

At the regionals, job postings for dispatch are frequent and you could probably find at least one with a dispatch posting every week or so.

The juicer jobs at the majors/Big 4, were most of us desire to get, are more infrequent, but with the interest and background in dispatch here, many already at that level kindly post details or give "heads up".

At the regionals, job postings for dispatch are frequent and you could probably find at least one with a dispatch posting every week or so.

The juicer jobs at the majors/Big 4, were most of us desire to get, are more infrequent, but with the interest and background in dispatch here, many already at that level kindly post details or give "heads up".

That's great that those individuals are willing to help everybody out.

I'll add that this is a very small profession. I'd guess that there are only a couple thousand of us actively dispatching (121 DOM/FLAG/SUPP) at any given time here in the USA. All of us were at one time on the outside looking in. Given that, helping out those in need of a gig, or a change in scenery, will pay off sometime in the future if/when our current jobs need changing. Circle of life kind of thing. :)

Back