Job Market

sedo55

First off let me apologies for my ignorance, I’m sure this question has been asked many times but haven’t been able to find it. I know the job market is constantly changing, but with that being said, where do you see it in a few years from now? I’m just about to start my flight training, and want to get a sense of where the airline industry is going from here. I imagine the job market is saturated with low hour pilots? I would appreciate any input you guys have
Thanks

:yeahthat:... I'm in my last semester of college so I'm about ready to jump in and ride the waves. It's hard to tell where it's going to be years from now, no one knows. Best thing to do is HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!!

:yeahthat:... I'm in my last semester of college so I'm about ready to jump in and ride the waves. It's hard to tell where it's going to be years from now, no one knows. Best thing to do is HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!!

I second that. I'm graduating from college too and I also suggest a backup plan incase something happens where you can't fly.

My wild, uneducated, ignorant guess:

By the end of 2009 the hiring freeze will probably begin to thaw starting at the top, and all regionals with furloughs will have at least began the process of recalls (but as a warning, recalls at xjet will likely take a year to complete) as their attrition increases. By the end of 2010 the industry will be "back to normal".

If you don't have some job lined up and you want to stay in the industry and work for free, consider an internship at a major (if there are any still offering them). 5-10 years from now you may be glad you did.

Back