Job at the local FBO

jeskoe

I just got a job as line service at the local FBO. Does anyone know a good website that tells me all of the hand signals that I need to know. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
The AIM has a section which explains the hand signals used for marshalling planes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone here able to marshall helos?

[ QUOTE ]
AIM???

[/ QUOTE ]

Airmans Information Manual. An FAA publication for pilots that explains and expands upon the FARs.

BTW, what's your rate?

[ QUOTE ]
Airmans Information Manual

[/ QUOTE ]
Er, uh....You mean Aeronautical Information Manual?

I can't get used to saying it that way either
crazy.gif

You will learn the hand signals at work. Your compnay should have a training program and you would learn it there. If not watch a supervisor and get him/her to explain it. Your company should have some sort of ground guide with everything from fuel conversion weights, hand signals, to fueling and ground service info for hundreds or a/c you will come across. Its a fun job!

MikeD I have parked helos but my helo marshalling skills are kinda weak. My boss...now he can do it!

[ QUOTE ]

MikeD I have parked helos but my helo marshalling skills are kinda weak. My boss...now he can do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy with the wheeled helos, but marshalling the skid helos to a spot landing has it's own set of signals.

Re: Link to AIM

I'm pretty mastered at both. Helo's with wheels are pretty much like airplanes, you direct them the same way, but you have an added advantage if the brake fail. You just put them into a hover and then bring them down wherever you want. During my stits with the ARG(Amphibious Ready Group) We would shorebase for about two weeks so the ship could be inport for some maintenance. Luckily I had friends I had went to school with, who were attched to a UH-1/AH-1 squadron, so I got some practice with the "skidz".

[ QUOTE ]
It's easy with the wheeled helos, but marshalling the skid helos to a spot landing has it's own set of signals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skids are for kids, silly rabbit.

When marshalling helos remember 2 things. 1. The flying pilot is usually in the right seat -vs- left seat for airplanes and 2. In the AH-1 / AH-64 the flying pilot is in the Back seat. BTW ya know the difference between a cobra and a vacumm cleaner? ... There is only one dirtbag in the vacumm cleaner
wink.gif

Back