Jetcareers is like crack!!

darrenf

resident denizen
Ok,
So I am sitting in my car here, with a brand new Dell notebook with Centrino tech, and what do I do?? Of course, I find someone's wireless network and tap in so that I can log onto jetcareers!! This free internet is killer.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dude - tell me about it. I don't even want to speculate how many hours of my employers time I've spent on this site! It's like noccotine.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Ya, my girlfriend thinks I am crazy because I am always on Jetcareers. This is truely the best pilot based web-page.

No serious, does it have like a cell phone PCMCIA card or what...are you charged air time or is it flat rate monthly billing....and is it available everywhere?

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, my girlfriend thinks I am crazy because I am always on Jetcareers

[/ QUOTE ]

yea - totally understand where your gf is coming from!
grin.gif

Maybe you can start a Jetcareers 12-step program for the ladies, hon?
smile.gif

Or gather up the furloughed wives and kids and have them patrol the forums for "Yankee_One" !
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No serious, does it have like a cell phone PCMCIA card or what...are you charged air time or is it flat rate monthly billing....and is it available everywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe all you need a wireless card plugged into your computer and you can pick up a wireless internet anywhere someone's broadcasting it.

My roommate has been stealing someone's wireless ever since he got his laptop with the wireless card!
blush.gif

What a lot people do is they drive around neighborhoods in the city looking for this sort of thing. When they find an available network, they'll mark it on the sidewalk (in chaulk) using a code so others can hop on too. It's called "wardriving" or something like that.

Yeah I know what you guys (and gals?) are saying!

I've *seen* *people* just sit there, clicking away at 'Main Index' waiting for that magic new post.

OK I am sad!

[ QUOTE ]
I've *seen* *people* just sit there, clicking away at 'Main Index' waiting for that magic new post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, you've got to be kidding! Maybe we can start an evil aviators cult or something!

We can all go marauding around knocking out the kneecaps of rival flight school gangs and busting windows?

Anyone have a ultra-swanky gang sign?
smile.gif

I can agree with the following statements ... This JetCareers forum is addicting. Great Job on launching such a great site Doug, it brings all us Pilots together.

Everytime I log on to my computer, first thing I do is go JetCareers and view the message boards. No better way to absorb knowledge and gain the best advice about the airline industry as well as just Flying in general.

I am not sure if the site has a counter on it but if you did, the number would be overwhelming. I can say that I feel this is the # 1 Aviation Forum website on the net. Once again, great job Doug.

Aaron

I agree, Jetcareers is the BEST!! My wife thinks I'm crazy as well. I log on at least 3-4 times a day and try to read every new
post. Thanks again Doug for an outstanding service to us all...

Ahh, shucks, thanks guys!

Here's some traffic details from May 1, 2003 to May 7, 2003 (at 4:45pm pacific): It says it's all month, but today is the 7th...duh!

hits.GIF

Yeah I definately agree with everything said. JetCareers has gone from a website I knew about, to being a bookmark, to being on my taskbar - the only next step is to have it as my start-up page. I'm sure that's not far away
grin.gif
Anyways, great job with the site Doug, it's gone from a good site to a great site. Just think about all the people who have been helped since the forums began...it's priceless.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also "seen people" do that too on really slow days at work.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the only next step is to have it as my start-up page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that means I'm officially addicted!
blush.gif
wink.gif

Back