JetBlue/NYC Living

jbhems520

Anyone on here currently work as a dispatcher at JetBlue? Any opinions on the pay vs. cost of living in NYC?

Personally I love NYC, but the cost of living is so high I'm wondering if it's even worth it to go live in NYC and work for JBU.

It really depends on your lifestyle, like any big city. The pay is good, and definitely doable on just your solo income, if you live within your means. NYC is an expensive city as I'm sure everyone knows but if you're smart with where you live and how you utilize/save your money then you can do well. I've lived in NYC my whole life and anytime I've met someone who just moved here the first thing I tell them is to not limit themselves to living in the city (Manhattan) or the expensive neighborhoods in Queens/Brooklyn such as Williamsburg or Astoria/Long Island City. There are some great neighborhoods further east like Kew Gardens, Forest Hills in Queens or further south in Brooklyn like Kensington, Midwood, and Bay Ridge where rent is noticeably cheaper than the expensive neighborhoods.

Regarding B6, it's a great company. The dispatch group has it very good with a recent raise and great PTO/vacation benefits, along with other perks.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

B6 is internal only, or so I've heard. Any truth to that statement?

Not true. Internal is preferred but the last few postings have been both internal/external. However, the last few years the hiring has been all internal with the last class of externals being in 2014.

NYC is livable, you can find plenty of studios and bedrooms for rent. Just FYI the lease on our building in LIC ends in 2023, so we'll be moving somewhere possible in late 2022/early 2023.

Back