Jetblue inquiry...

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Does anyone know if the seats on jetblue are larger than the typical 757 or 737 seats? I'm thinking of putting my dad on jetblue to fly from IAD to SJC - but he's a "big" guy - 6'4" and needs the extra leg/hip room really...

I've flown midwest express before and they have seats that are similar to first class seats - any idea if jet blue is similar in seat size??

Thanks!!

AA has good leg room in their planes since they removed seats to make more room in coach.

At 6'4" I'd seriously start considering First Class or getting Doug to hook you up.. I'm 5'11" and get really cramped in coach. Jetblue's seatpitch is about the same as Southwest -- within 1". It's slightly better then Delta, by perhaps and inch or two.

mmm ok - i meant oakland... he'd fly into oakland if he were to take jetblue!

I'll check with AA but so far - all the major airlines are way up in price ($600+) cuz i'm trying to get him out there the last weekend of june for a family wedding....

I'd say stick him on the cheapest flight but ask for a emergency exit aisle where theres no seat in front of him. Surprisingly, I've been offered that seat without asking the last few times I've flown. But theres no guarantee!
confused.gif

Kristie,

Just as a note... AA has abandoned the whole "more room in coach" angle and has re-added the previously removed rows of seats. Thus, the pitch is the same as any other coach seat.

P.

I think AA is in the process of taking out their seats, but within the next year, you should still get more room in coach on the MD-80's and 757's.

Trying to find a cheap fare during the summer travel season is about like asking the weather man if it's going to be 72 and lightly breezy in Phoenix in July!

vipermcg is almost right... AA is only taking out MRTC in the A300 fleet (mostly Caribbean, Puerto Rico, and South American flights) and 757's (which are most often being used to fight Jetblue and other LCC's). SP80's, 737, 767, & 777 will still have it.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if the seats on jetblue are larger than the typical 757 or 737 seats? I'm thinking of putting my dad on jetblue to fly from IAD to SJC - but he's a "big" guy - 6'4" and needs the extra leg/hip room really...

I've flown midwest express before and they have seats that are similar to first class seats - any idea if jet blue is similar in seat size??

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kristie....I'm 6'2 and I have had no problem with any of the seats,but then again I'm not paying for it so I guess I can't complain. If your father decides to take JB,then tell him to try and grab a exit row seat....if he can't then he can talk to customer service,we do try and do the right thing. The IAD-OAK nonstops that I checked for today are packed and I would expect them to be like that for the rest of the summer....so buy soon.

Other than that....Thank you for choosing JetBlue!

[ QUOTE ]
weather man if it's going to be 72 and lightly breezy in Phoenix in July!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying it won't be?

Someone lied to me!

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a note... AA has abandoned the whole "more room in coach" angle and has re-added the previously removed rows of seats. Thus, the pitch is the same as any other coach seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

so they're false advertising then? cuz they still have the advertisements up for the "more room in coach" thing...

that's sad!!

I've flown form IAD to SJC many times on American. I haven't flown direct on AA though. They have the best leg room.

Mahesh

Back