JetBlue Crewmember Recommendation for JC User

I really wish I could get on with a mainline airline ramping. I work as a part time ramper and gate agent in Omaha. Unfortunately airlines keep contracting more and more of this stuff out, and Omaha got hit by it. Only mainline airline left here is southwest and united is being contracted out soon.

As crappy as delta global services treats us as employees the people are what keep me waking up at 345 four days a week. Best of luck to you! Out if curiosity, what do the pay rampers there? Delta starts us at 8.25 and caps you at 10 after five years lol.
Heh, Delta Global took the Airways ramp from Piedmont in SDF. Starting pay was 8.00, top out was 8.85 after something like 3-5 years.

Heh, Delta Global took the Airways ramp from Piedmont in SDF. Starting pay was 8.00, top out was 8.85 after something like 3-5 years.
It's beyond pathetic and the working conditions are beyond awful. To give you an idea, two of my toes got crushed five months ago and I was reprehended for not coming to work. Then, this morning a co workers had a heart attack in the MD 88 bin and when we pulled him out and had him layin on the belt loader, my supervisor was yelling at us to continue loading or the plane would take a delay. OH GAWD NO. We stopped loading.
I've about had it with that

Last edited by a moderator:
It's beyond pathetic and the working conditions are beyond awful. To give you an idea, two of my toes got crushed five months ago and I was reprehended for not coming to work. Then, this morning a co workers had a heart attack in the MD 88 bin and when we pulled him out and had him layin on the belt loader, my supervisor was yelling at us to continue loading or the plane would take a delay. OH GAWD NO. We stopped loading.
Wow.. insane. I always thought it was funny that the worse you get paid/treated the more they expect out of you with those types of jobs. I'm so glad I'm off the ramp.

So what exactly is "Sabre?" I did some research. Every time I talk to someone a friend or colleague about it, they act like its a gift from the devil or something.

Did you ask them if you could bring your dog to work?

yvyhehej.jpg

Ayork62493 said:
It's beyond pathetic and the working conditions are beyond awful. To give you an idea, two of my toes got crushed five months ago and I was reprehended for not coming to work. Then, this morning a co workers had a heart attack in the MD 88 bin and when we pulled him out and had him layin on the belt loader, my supervisor was yelling at us to continue loading or the plane would take a delay. OH GAWD NO. We stopped loading. I've about had it with that

Kidding right?

Imma be through Omaha later this month, back to back overnights.

I'll hit you up as it gets closer, maybe a mini JC M&G

Interview went well. Tons of returns from previous seasons, as well as experienced Delta and AA rampies (one was even a manager at AA which surprised me a bit.) Did you know those guys over there don't get any benefits at all? Sad.

Got called back for pre-employment drug testing/finger printing and at that time, they told me that they Really Wanted me upstairs doing airport ops. So looks like if I get an offer of employment it will be for upstairs! Anyone know want to give me the DL on what that's like?

Uhhh, at Jetblue they call the gate agents "Airport Operations" agents so you'd be up at the gate and at the ticket counter, not in ops. I work down at FLL so if you need any help with anything just PM me.

Back