Jet slides off runway at BKL in Cleveland

That’s one of the TMC hawker 400s with the Nextant conversion. No thrust reversers with the conversion.

That thing didn't slide off the runway, it overran and ended up in the EMAS. Another year of Beech 400, Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 runway accidents and incidents.

That thing didn't slide off the runway, it overran and ended up in the EMAS. Another year of Beech 400, Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 runway accidents and incidents.
We landed at CLE last month when they were having that crapstorm. 300 certainly did some interesting things, but stopped on the centerline and in reasonable distance.

To be fair if you remove Flight Options and JetSuite from the stats they start to look pretty rosy.

Something about stabilized approaches rabble rabble.

1518012401910.png

I'm so shocked.*

*Everyone that has ever flown into BKL in the winter.

2nd scariest take off I ever did was out of BKL on a snow packed runway. Damn 135 flying is terrible.

On flightaware it looks as if they did a go-around the first time, or at least weren't stabilized and decided to do a lap in the pattern first.

To be fair if you remove Flight Options and JetSuite from the stats they start to look pretty rosy.

I won't argue with that except we had 2 at NetJets when I was there. Sugerland and O'hare.

I don't know about jetsuite, but when I worked at flight options stabilized approaches were sop.

Maybe, something about number of operations skewing data, rabble rabble.

I don't know about jetsuite, but when I worked at flight options stabilized approaches were sop.

Maybe, something about number of operations skewing data, rabble rabble.
I’ve trained a lot of FLOPS guys in the 300 and heard “well, I wouldn’t do that in the airplane” more often than I care to admit. The accident record (and subsequent NTSB reports) show guys crossing 500’ not even fully configured in an airplane that is a walk in the park to slow down. Can’t really blame the brakes when you’re touching down 35 knots over Vref.

JetSuite insists their guys fly 120 until landing assured (in an airplane that typically refs about 95)...combine that with any relatively low approach mins and you physically can’t slow down to be on speed over the threshold. A lot of the more experienced guys said to hell with that and flew the plane by the book. But a quick glance at the Sedona accident report gives you an idea of what their company pushes. It was dumb luck they didn’t kill someone there, and if they’d go out of business they’d probably be doing the States a favor.

The brakes are quirky, no doubt about it. But blaming the brakes for unstabilized approaches or bad SOPs is a chicken crap excuse.

I’ve trained a lot of FLOPS guys in the 300 and heard “well, I wouldn’t do that in the airplane” more often than I care to admit. The accident record (and subsequent NTSB reports) show guys crossing 500’ not even fully configured in an airplane that is a walk in the park to slow down. Can’t really blame the brakes when you’re touching down 35 knots over Vref.

JetSuite insists their guys fly 120 until landing assured (in an airplane that typically refs about 95)...combine that with any relatively low approach mins and you physically can’t slow down to be on speed over the threshold. A lot of the more experienced guys said to hell with that and flew the plane by the book. But a quick glance at the Sedona accident report gives you an idea of what their company pushes. It was dumb luck they didn’t kill someone there, and if they’d go out of business they’d probably be doing the States a favor.

The brakes are quirky, no doubt about it. But blaming the brakes for unstabilized approaches or bad SOPs is a chicken crap excuse.
Please tell me you're joking. Please. I just can't even...

Back