Jet Blue - San Diego

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
So I hop out of the jet to go check the weather channel website for the flight to San Diego. I hop on a computer and a Jet Blue agent with a "I'm Mr. Important" walkie-talkie runs up to the counter and demands to know what I'm doing.

"Uhh, hold on, I'm checking some satellite pictures"

His face glows red and you can almost see steam coming out of his ears.

So I finish up what I'm doing, smile, and walk back to the jet.

"There's a computer terminal at GATE 37!!" he exclaims.

Funny thing is, Jet Blue leases this gate a few times per day from DELTA and their flight had already pushed back, no passengers in the area and I was in full uniform.

Geez, and supposedly I was the butthole. Go figure.

Nice job with the self restraint factor....thinking ahead that you may face him across the counter asking for a ride someday. Me...I'd rather buy a ticket and have a satisfaction of having a little discussion with him.

Nah, gate agents are the masters at looking directly at you and hearing nothing you say! Heck, I'd be the same way after dealing with angry pax all day.

So I figured if I finished checking the weather, walked away expeditiously after finishing, when the report hits the station manager about me fiddling around the computer, he can't possibly say that I tinkled on his 'empire' verbally.

HAH, what a moron. I hate people like that.
tongue.gif

Yes, most people that work at the airport making $6 hour hate their jobs! Its hard to find courtsey at the counters and gates!

Is it common for prosepctive pilots to go for jobs as gate agents to get a foot in the door (as a pilot someday) for a particular carrier? Or is that not realistic? Is getting hired just a matter of having enough hours of PIC / multi-engine time?
Well, and having an ATP of course....

[ QUOTE ]
So I hop out of the jet to go check the weather channel website for the flight to San Diego. I hop on a computer and a Jet Blue agent with a "I'm Mr. Important" walkie-talkie runs up to the counter and demands to know what I'm doing.

"Uhh, hold on, I'm checking some satellite pictures"

His face glows red and you can almost see steam coming out of his ears.

So I finish up what I'm doing, smile, and walk back to the jet.

"There's a computer terminal at GATE 37!!" he exclaims.

Funny thing is, Jet Blue leases this gate a few times per day from DELTA and their flight had already pushed back, no passengers in the area and I was in full uniform.

Geez, and supposedly I was the butthole. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jeez Doug, was that you.............I'm sorrrrrrrry!
grin.gif

Well hell...I would have calmy told him that I dont really give a **** and that he can back away. Those sort of people, that just for some reason "want to try to embarese you anyway possible" really make me mad...Sometimes I feel like putting a foot up those sort of peoples butts...

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I feel like putting a foot up those sort of peoples butts...

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

Don't do anything like putting a foot up their butt, that wouldn't be good...

I'd reccommend choking them/ringing their necks.......they live for a little while and you can see their face turn all sorts of different colors.....

Back