Jet Blue flight diverted to Denver due to 'customer issue'.

ComplexHiAv8r

Interesting.

DENVER – A Jet Blue flight from New York to Los Angeles was diverted to Denver Saturday night due to a "customer issue" on the plane.
A spokeswoman for the Coale/Denver International Airport confirms to Fox News Denver police and the FBI responded once the captain elected to land the plane in Denver.
The flight departed New York's JFK airport at 9:19 p.m. and was scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles at midnight, according to Jet Blue. The plane landed at 11:30 in Denver.
The flight then departed for LAX. Neither the airport nor the airline gave any more details on the "customer issue."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20/jet-blue-flight-diverted-to-denver-due-to-customer-issue/

This is why they should teach and authorize flight attendants to use tasers and injectable sedatives.... no reason to mess up everybody else's schedules just because one person wants to get drunk, go off their meds, or just act like a general horses patoosh.

This is why they should teach and authorize flight attendants to use tasers and injectable sedatives.... no reason to mess up everybody else's schedules just because one person wants to get drunk, go off their meds, or just act like a general horses patoosh.

I would like to agree with you, but in my two years working for an airline, I've met many fa's who I strongly question their mental capacity.

Sounds like a case of a couple ambien, washed down with a xanax-colada.

I'll bet you a dollar it was booze + Ambien or muscle relaxers.

Every "Welp, lets talk to dispatch and see where they want us to land" event has been because of that combination.

Cut it the hell out, people.

I'll bet you a dollar it was booze + Ambien or muscle relaxers.

Every "Welp, lets talk to dispatch and see where they want us to land" event has been because of that combination.

Cut it the hell out, people.
At least when they go to court they can honestly say they have no recollection of what transpired (because of the Ambien).

This should be a case study in verification of the "Stupid Flyer Rule", whereas, if one causes an aircraft to divert to a location other than the intended destination, the person found responsible for the divert is required to pay back all costs associated with the divert. In the interest of common sense (do I REALLY need to put this?) a medical divert is exempt.

In Arizona, we have a "Stupid Motorist Law". You get yourself stuck in a wash after attempting to cross during a storm, and rescue personnel are required to extract you from your now stuck vehicle, you get to foot the bill for your rescue.

This should be a case study in verification of the "Stupid Flyer Rule", whereas, if one causes an aircraft to divert to a location other than the intended destination, the person found responsible for the divert is required to pay back all costs associated with the divert. In the interest of common sense (do I REALLY need to put this?) a medical divert is exempt.

In Arizona, we have a "Stupid Motorist Law". You get yourself stuck in a wash after attempting to cross during a storm, and rescue personnel are required to extract you from your now stuck vehicle, you get to foot the bill for your rescue.
I'm pretty sure they already do that.

We actually don't.

But my employer has been very successful at taking people to court to recover costs from unnecessary diversions for passenger conduct.

Derg said:
We actually don't.

But my employer has been very successful at taking people to court to recover costs from unnecessary diversions for passenger conduct.

Makes me wonder what is the cost of a diversion?

In an RJ here they estimate around $4k IIRC.
Wow much less than I thought. I assume that is just landing and taking off again, and does not include missed connecting flights, free meals and hotel rooms, if airlines still pay for those, and timed out crew.

Makes me wonder what is the cost of a diversion?

I'd really like to know what the two RIM (BlackBerry???) employees had to pay after their Air Canada flight to Asia got diverted from them being a-holes. I don't remember all the details, but apparently it wasn't just a quick land, offload, get fuel, and depart kind of situation.

I'd really like to know what the two RIM (BlackBerry???) employees had to pay after their Air Canada flight to Asia got diverted from them being a-holes. I don't remember all the details, but apparently it wasn't just a quick land, offload, get fuel, and depart kind of situation.

So I did some digging and saw that they were fined almost $36,000 EACH for the diversion. I don't know if that was to the airline or the mounties, but that still sucks. The passengers got put into hotels and the flight was 18 hours late. It amazes me that this sort of stuff still happens. I have a long list of things I'd rather spend $36,000 on.

So I did some digging and saw that they were fined almost $36,000 EACH for the diversion. I don't know if that was to the airline or the mounties, but that still sucks. The passengers got put into hotels and the flight was 18 hours late. It amazes me that this sort of stuff still happens. I have a long list of things I'd rather spend $36,000 on.

It amazes me that it doesn't happen more often, considering today's culture of general entitlement, and the fact that people don't treat flying as anything special anymore(many threads on this already I am sure). I remember flying as a kid, getting dressed up to do it, and my parents keeping the tickets in safe-deposit box. (And also getting well-served by the carrier)

Back