Jersey shore from 2,500'

Nice. I never knew there was so much development around OXB. I've been driving to the north end every summer for 13 years straight, so that might be why. Not seeing it from the air, I had no clue.

[EDIT]
It might also have something to do with the fact that I'm thinking of the wrong Ocean City. Wow.

In any case. Nice shots!

You know, I replied the same to an instructor once and he said I was completely wrong.
And you instructor was a complete moron. So according to your instructor, this guy was also completely wrong.

[YT]Z7mQNV6zw60[/YT]

There is no completely wrong answer in these sorts of questions because the reality is you're not going to know exactly what your choices are until the engine actually quits. And then you're not going to know whether or not your choice is right or wrong until you actually do it. Tons of planes have been put down very successfully on beaches over the years. Tons have also been put down in the breakers, just beyond the breakers, the back bays and the marshes. There really are no blanket wrong answers to this question. You always want to protect those on the ground first, yourself second and the plane third. But where you put the plane to accomplish those goals is going to change from moment to moment while flying.

And keep in mind as well that while you tend to find people on beaches, you also tend to find people in the water at beaches. The difference is, the people in the water are more difficult for you to see (you can only see their head) and they're less able to get out of your way if they see you coming, i.e. with the possible exception of Michael Phelps, people can usually run much faster than they can swim.

And you instructor was a complete moron.

LOL, many alike.
That youtube video gave me chills the first time I saw it.

There is no completely wrong answer in these sorts of questions because the reality is you're not going to know exactly what your choices are until the engine actually quits. And then you're not going to know whether or not your choice is right or wrong until you actually do it. Tons of planes have been put down very successfully on beaches over the years. Tons have also been put down in the breakers, just beyond the breakers, the back bays and the marshes. There really are no blanket wrong answers to this question. You always want to protect those on the ground first, yourself second and the plane third. But where you put the plane to accomplish those goals is going to change from moment to moment while flying.

And keep in mind as well that while you tend to find people on beaches, you also tend to find people in the water at beaches. The difference is, the people in the water are more difficult for you to see (you can only see their head) and they're less able to get out of your way if they see you coming, i.e. with the possible exception of Michael Phelps, people can usually run much faster than they can swim.
Amen to that!

Flying into ACY at night is fun with the center line lighting.

Ya and with two F-16s on take-off with afterburners. Great pics. I'm hoping to fly to 26N this summer to play a little golf at the course right next to the airport.

Ya and with two F-16s on take-off with afterburners. Great pics. I'm hoping to fly to 26N this summer to play a little golf at the course right next to the airport.

Yeah, I always hope to see some f-16's when I go in there. No luck as of yet.

Back