Jeppesen FD for Android

fly-by-wire

Greetings!
Is anyone knows, is Jeppesen planning to release Jeppesen FD application for Android devices. When?
Maybe there're some official announcements or rumors?
Thanks!

The new update is nicer than the previous installments, has a moving map feature and geo-referenced plates (for the folks who apparently can't keep track of where they are on an approach).

The new update is nicer than the previous installments, has a moving map feature and geo-referenced plates (for the folks who apparently can't keep track of where they are on an approach).
When it doesn't crash like Windows 95

It sucks for the iPad why would you want it for an Android!
Because my company uses Jeppesen electronic charts to fly and allows to use them for free.
I want to buy a tablet and install Jeppesen FD on it, but I would prefer to buy Android pad instead of Ipad.
That's why I asked my question.

When it doesn't crash like Windows 95
I haven't seen too many crashes out of it... I have seen it lock up a couple of times when trying to go between plates/chart... but no CTDs.

It does take forever to pull up the taxi diagram from the plates though.

Do the Android tablets without 3G/4G capabilities have a TRUE GPS built in, or is it a half ass system like an iPad?

Do the Android tablets without 3G/4G capabilities have a TRUE GPS built in, or is it a half ass system like an iPad?

The Nexus line has an actual GPS built in. They work great on the ground but the receiver doesn't work very well at high speeds so in flight you will need an external Bluetooth GPS.

My company runs android on our tablets. They say Jepp is making FD and FDPro and we're just waiting for it to roll out.

Because my company uses Jeppesen electronic charts to fly and allows to use them for free.
I want to buy a tablet and install Jeppesen FD on it, but I would prefer to buy Android pad instead of Ipad.
That's why I asked my question.
Our company does Jepp as well but for most everything we use foreflight because of the stability.

We use fltplan.com for FRAT scoring, filing flight plans etc etc. I have been using the Go app for over a week and it is pretty nice. Has everything the old app has with a bunch of added features.

We use fltplan.com for FRAT scoring, filing flight plans etc etc. I have been using the Go app for over a week and it is pretty nice. Has everything the old app has with a bunch of added features.
I thought it was supposed to do everything Foreflight does? Geo referenced maps, sectionals, plates, en-route, etc.

It doesn't have geo referenced plates as far as I know, but I don't use GOV plates so I didn't even download them on Go. The moving map is a fraction to what FF offers. The nice thing is that your flight plan is overlaid on the chart of your choice if you select it. FF is much more full featured.

It doesn't have geo referenced plates as far as I know, but I don't use GOV plates so I didn't even download them on Go. The moving map is a fraction to what FF offers. The nice thing is that your flight plan is overlaid on the chart of your choice if you select it. FF is much more full featured.
We use both. ForeFlight for enroute charts and JeppFD for approach charts etc. JeppFD has been a lot more stable lately. I use the built in gps on the ipad mini. It works great on the Jepp geo referenced approach charts and the ForeFlight maps at altitudes up to FL510 and speeds up to 480 knots true. The thing I like about FF for enroute is their maps are a simple scan of the paper ones. Jepp tried to make an electronic version of the chart that's customizable and all these other things that just slow it down. You don't need that for enroute. In fact, one of the most charts we use on FF is the sectional. Most I've ever used a sectional in a jet. It's great for airspace stuff and overall better SA. Plus, it's easier to tell the boss what that little airport is in the middle of no where. :)

We use both. ForeFlight for enroute charts and JeppFD for approach charts etc. JeppFD has been a lot more stable lately. I use the built in gps on the ipad mini and it works great on the Jepp geo referenced charts and the ForeFlight maps. The thing I like about FF for enroute is their maps are a simple scan of the paper ones. Jepp tried to make a chart that's customizable and all these other things that just slow it down. You don't need that for enroute. In fact one of the most charts we use on FF is the sectional. Most I've ever used a sectional in a jet. It's great for airspace stuff and overall better SA. Plus, it's easier to tell the boss what that little airport is in the middle of no where.

Couldn't agree more.

Back