Jeffrey Skiles on PBS

Great interview - I like ol' Skiles.

I liked the part where he explained that the way you land in calm water is really no different than landing on a runway. Seems that the media and the general population still thinks that there's some magical way you have to fly into the water just right compared to a smooth landing on a runway.

nice interview....I know people complain about PBS/NPR etc being "too liberal" or whatever, but at least their correspondents seem to have the freedom to ask intelligent questions (as opposed to the Katie Couric interview on 60 minutes).

Great interview - I like ol' Skiles.

I liked the part where he explained that the way you land in calm water is really no different than landing on a runway. Seems that the media and the general population still thinks that there's some magical way you have to fly into the water just right compared to a smooth landing on a runway.

Because it was some "miracle" as opposed to skilled aviators.

Anyway, yes, great interview. Charlie Rose conducts some of the best interviews I've seen. Bill Moyers is a close second.

Great post!

By far the most informative interview of the accounts thus far. I particularly enjoyed Skiles taking the drama and "miracle" out of it all.

Someone upgrade that man

One of the better interviews and the only interview solely with Skiles that I have seen. A very composed aviator. It is evident he is doing well putting things in perspective.

Back