JC Texans...

R

Roger, Roger

...did I run into any of y'all yesterday? I was out cross countrying all over the place yesterday.

KGGG-07F-KSSF. Stopped at SSF for a few gallons of fuel at about 4 PM.

KSSF-KPKV. Stopped to switch students in PKV at about 5 PM.

KPKV-KIAH. Stopped at KIAH for more fuel, dinner (church's chicken, parked at Atlantic), and to wait for legal night time. Arrived around 630 PM, left around 9 PM.

We were in a Twinstar. I know there's a few people here from around Stinson, was just wondering if any of y'all were around.

I was kicking around near KJDD most of the day yesterday on 22.75, didn't hear a twinstar though.

Unfortunately no. I wanted to go flying this weekend, but was tied up doing other things that aren't nearly as fun. I am thinking tomorrow will be a short day at work and a couple hours cruising around the S. Texas countryside. :)

Unfortunately no. I wanted to go flying this weekend, but was tied up doing other things that aren't nearly as fun. I am thinking tomorrow will be a short day at work and a couple hours cruising around the S. Texas countryside. :)

rub it in why don't cha :D

I didn't hear ya near Tyler and I didn't see ya in IAH.... probably just bad timing.... whatcha' flying these days?

I didn't hear ya near Tyler and I didn't see ya in IAH.... probably just bad timing.... whatcha' flying these days?
Yeah, also, near TYR the only people we were talkin' to were FSS...didn't pick up flight following on that leg. IAH was an interesting experience, we left there VFR just so my student could see how it was done. I'd never actually stopped there before, a lot busier than DAL and HOU.

Yeah, also, near TYR the only people we were talkin' to were FSS...didn't pick up flight following on that leg. IAH was an interesting experience, we left there VFR just so my student could see how it was done. I'd never actually stopped there before, a lot busier than DAL and HOU.

the IAH taxiways messed me up for a few weeks

Oh jesus Mr. Sillypants..... you had it down on day one.... ya heard? Jeez.... its not like you have to remember a bunch of two letter taxiways every time you depart.:sarcasm:

HAHA...fo sho dogg....God forbid we have to go to 9...first time there was an unexpected clearance with a newer Capt to the area, imagine ripping out the jepps and charts going everywhere.. a huge CF...the first time anyway

"hijack over, we now return to your regularly scheduled program"

Fly a little futher east out of KGGG into KSHV/KDTN airspace and then we'll talk. :rawk:

But, if you actually do that, you might have to rename the thread to, JC Louisianian's, and that would just be WRONG!!!!

I did that a lot when our ILS was down. Still do every once in a while, but not as often.

next time your coming thru Austin give me a heads up. Or the next time I stop in longview to visit family I'll give you one.

Back