January Photos

CK

I'm back to going to school six days a week so my flying has dried up substantially. I am at a whopping six hours for the month. Any way, here are some photos.

This King Air 90 is actually an ex Air Force U-21. It is the only one not owned by Dynamic Aviation and is used for Mosquito control. It is 1200lbs lighter than a standard King Air 90 because it is unpressurized.
903mikedelta.jpg

At normal cruise the sparying booms cause enough drag to keep the airplane to about 150kts indicated.
903mdenroute.jpg

903mdelta.jpg

About to cross the Delaware River on final into North East Philly
finaltophillyy.jpg

Final for 33 at PNE
northeastphilly.jpg

Final for 1 at Wilmington
10612final.jpg

Into the setting sun on the way home
10612enroute.jpg

That's all,

Alex.

Hey PNE is my hometown airport. If you're back in town again (hopefully I'm around) drop me a pm. Nice Pics.

Alex, Do those mosquito pilots have a right seater ride with them to operate the spray controls?

Look at the exhaust on the nacelles... EW. there is a KingAir 350 that the line guys have to degrease every time it comes back, what a drag.

Nice pics as always Alex

Look at the exhaust on the nacelles... EW. there is a KingAir 350 that the line guys have to degrease every time it comes back, what a drag.

Be happy you don't fly a giant nacelle like I do

(I don't fly for these guys, but this is an example of what a PC-12 looks like without a wash)

2220247376_93fbd29b96.jpg

Ya the worst part is when you let the exhaust sit on the paint because after awhile, it does not come off. However, wax and a lot of time will take it out

Alex, Do those mosquito pilots have a right seater ride with them to operate the spray controls?

Only for night time operations when the PF uses Night Vision Goggles.

Do all U-21's have those "Queen Air" windows?

The majority do, there were a few King Air 100's that also fell under the U-21 designator.

Look at the exhaust on the nacelles... EW.

My boss uses Windex. It takes it right off.

Alex.

Back