JAA or FAA and location

rici

Hiya,
Could anyone tell me were ATP inc is located please? Also, is their Airline Career Pilot Program FAA or JAA?
What is the general impression people have of ATP, do you have to pay all in one go or can you pay in installments? (gives me more flexibilty, and of course peace of mind).

Lastly, is ATP what it says it is? Does the program actually work or is it just another marketing scheme?
Thanks.
Richard

I really gotta stop answering questions without having gone to ATP yet.. so I'll let the other guys answer the best they can, as I will do.

Hiya, Hey!

Could anyone tell me were ATP inc is located please? Also, is their Airline Career Pilot Program FAA or JAA

Several locations! Take a look at the map at there website (allatps.com). Jacksonville is their main location, and not all locations can be used for the ACPP (atleast I think). I'd assume ATP is FAA considerin' we're here in the good ol' US of A.

What is the general impression people have of ATP, Just read through these boards, the impression is a very good. I've not gone there yet so I can't speak for my self.

do you have to pay all in one go or can you pay in installments?(gives me more flexibilty, and of course peace of mind). The ACPP program shows a payment schedule in installments, as shown half way down this page here.

Lastly, is ATP what it says it is? Does the program actually work or is it just another marketing scheme?
Thanks.
Richard "

I think the former and current students on these boards can answer this one
tongue.gif

Good luck and safe flyin'

Ok thank you. I know that ATP is located all around the USA but I was wondering were the 90 day ACPP program was located because they only have the one citation jet, and as there is a three hour course on it.......therefore they can only run it were the jet is, if you see what I mean!
Anyway, the reason I wanted JAA is because then I can fly in Europe as well as the USA so it allows me greater flexibility.
bye for now!

"Ok thank you. I know that ATP is located all around the USA but I was wondering were the 90 day ACPP program was located because they only have the one citation jet, and as there is a three hour course on it.......therefore they can only run it were the jet is, if you see what I mean!
"

The ACPP program is in several locations, 7 or 8 I think.

You'd think because of only one jet, it'd be at only one location you can recieve that training, but actually they just, like much of the fleet, move the aircraft around. So you may take a 3 hour ride somewhere in the citation and come back on a completely different plane... The same goes for the seminoles I believe.

It's all one mooovin' fleet of aircraft. There are several aircraft that stay based in a location, but then there are those that move around. This is because of the extensive cross country portion of the program, where you are flying several hours a day all over the country. I believe this is the most overall enjoyed part of the program..

Cheers, Im gratefull for the info. One more question though. The course does not include ATPL theory exams, do you not have to have the 14 ATPL theories before you can get a job over in the US? In Europe you do, and generally the course is taken just after the PPL.
Thanks
Richard

ATPL? I won't delve far because my brain is mush..

I don't know how ATP/ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot) differs from country to country, so I'm a bit confused. In the United states you must have one to be PIC of larger aircraft, but beyond that to hold a flying job you must have a commercial license.

Ah, maybe we can clear some confusion before my brain explodes I know nothing of these ATPL theory tests?

Back