JAA direct conversion

Not open for further replies.


New Member
I've heard that if one has 3000+ hours in a jet requiring a type rating, you can get a direct conversion from the FAA to a JAA license.

Don't have to take all the theory papers. Only an Eval Checride and Simulator test.

Any truth to this?
Never heard of that, but unless you have visa/greencard getting a job where you can get 3000 TT and a type would be incredible expensive.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
I'm married here in the US, working as a CFI now, but would eventually like to convert to JAA lisences (I'm from Norway) but I have no timeline for this, so if I have to wait a few extra years I wouldn't care. So if this is true it would save me a lot of headache. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Not open for further replies.