It's happening!!

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
Class date in hand, 2 weeks notice to the current shop is in, I got the nod from Southwest!! I'm still in shock that it's actually happening. I've spent the last year watching friends leave to greener pastures, while getting TBNT's or crickets from almost everyone else. I'm not lying when I say Southwest has always been one of my top career destinations since I decided to leave the Army to try and do this thing. The entire interview process was amazing, and every employee went out of their way to make it as relaxing and welcoming as possible.

I've said it so much it almost feels cliché, but THANK YOU JC!! @Derg, your site is by far the reason I am where I am now. The folks here who I've met in person or just via the zoom chats, or maybe we've bought or sold something to each other, that's what sets this place apart from the other online forums. All the advice I've received or just being a fly on the wall in multiple threads have taught me so much. I want to try and come out of my shell to comment more to hopefully help someone else.

It's a crazy time to be in the aviation industry...my stats are nothing mind blowing, just right time / right place I guess. Now where's my cowboy hat?...

Attachments

• 1650502310389.png
    1650502310389.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 16
Class date in hand, 2 weeks notice to the current shop is in, I got the nod from Southwest!! I'm still in shock that it's actually happening. I've spent the last year watching friends leave to greener pastures, while getting TBNT's or crickets from almost everyone else. I'm not lying when I say Southwest has always been one of my top career destinations since I decided to leave the Army to try and do this thing. The entire interview process was amazing, and every employee went out of their way to make it as relaxing and welcoming as possible.

I've said it so much it almost feels cliché, but THANK YOU JC!! @Derg, your site is by far the reason I am where I am now. The folks here who I've met in person or just via the zoom chats, or maybe we've bought or sold something to each other, that's what sets this place apart from the other online forums. All the advice I've received or just being a fly on the wall in multiple threads have taught me so much. I want to try and come out of my shell to comment more to hopefully help someone else.

It's a crazy time to be in the aviation industry...my stats are nothing mind blowing, just right time / right place I guess. Now where's my cowboy hat?...

Congrats! What were your times?

3300 TT
1860 Pt. 121
400 121 PIC
2150 multi

extra curriculars - Sim Instructor / Veteran

no degree

timeline in case it helps anyone else:

NGPA Feb 11
Virtual invite Feb 24
Virtual March 24
F2F invite March 25
F2F April 13
CJO April 14
Official welcome April 18th
Class May 17

I'll be a couple days from finishing when you get here. Feel free to message me for anything you might need :)

Back