It's Airbus!!!!!

Re: It\'s Airbus!!!!!

I really kinda like the new paint job! I just hope the airline starts needing pilots again soon. A job would be awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
I really kinda like the new paint job! I just hope the airline starts needing pilots again soon. A job would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple buddies in the bridge program and they are talking 2005 earliest for a job. Its just bad timing right now....just enjoy instructing and learn some stuff. Then you will be prepared when they are ready. did youget a chance to fly that full motion sim they have? where did you jumpseat? those rj's are cool

Yup, flew the sim, for the D-328 jet. Only for a few minutes though. That is my FAVORITE aircraft in the fleet. 8000 feet/min off the runway if you are light. ROCK ON!!! And yeah, i dunno how much faith i would put in the rumors that your friends are hearing. If there is one thing I learned at ACA, its that the rumors that float around the company are incredible! Seriously, you cannot listen to anything that anyone says.

[ QUOTE ]
....just enjoy instructing and learn some stuff. Then you will be prepared when they are ready.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is exellent advice. I wouldn't advise holding out for any particular company either.

FWIW they say that staffing projections are changing daily. I believe that we are currently actually understaffed. Elimination of the J41 will change that though. If things "take off" quickly (pun intended), we could concievably be hiring soon.

Thanks Dave. You are right, its just difficult controlling ambition when you want something so badly. But I guess I dont have to tell YOU that.

I think airlines are powered by rumors. Most of them turn out to be false. Here are some of the top rumors I heard on the Continental jumpseat during my internship (Summer '98) ... every one of them turned out to be false, and every one who repeated them claimed to have heard directly from alleged "higher-ups" in Flight Ops.

-Continental was going to buy B747-400s.
-Continental was going to buy A340s.
-Continental was going to reopen the Denver hub.
-Continental was going to open a B737 crew base in Florida.
-Continental was going to close the Cleveland hub.
-Continental was going to open a new hub in Indianapolis.

Most were wishful thinking by pilots who didn't want to commute from Florida or Denver anymore! One guy swore the 747 rumor was true, said he got it directly from the VP of Flight Ops. I told him I worked in the office of the VP of Flight Ops, talked to the guy every day, and it wasn't happening. He didn't believe me!

Bottom line: BELIEVE NO RUMORS!

FL270

Well put 270! I completely agree with you. The worst part is, when you are working there, some of those rumors really get you excited and get your hopes up. Believe me, I know! But you are quite right...... Dont believe any of them, until they come true!

Seniority will be seniority in the Airbus. For example, all Airbus captains, regardless of current seniority, will be paid at Airbus CA year 1 seniority.

These may not be exact. They are generic narrow body rates.

Year CA FO
------ ------ ------
1st Flight $115.51 $57.76
2005 120.44 64.44
2006 125.57 71.20
2007 130.92 78.55

Back