It sucks when...

youngflyer

You cant do anything right flight related one day and you have a week until your next lesson so all the negative feelings stay with you until next lesson. It happens I guess... :) The flight was incredibly fun like usual but my flying just sucked.

Anything you did wrong on the last lesson was only a learning experience. It will only have a negative effect if you dont take that experience and use it to better your flying abilities in the next lesson.

Anything you did wrong on the last lesson was only a learning experience. It will only have a negative effect if you dont take that experience and use it to better your flying abilities in the next lesson.
Very good advice. I will just visualizing all of the things that I did wrong to help me next lesson.

You cant do anything right flight related one day and you have a week until your next lesson so all the negative feelings stay with you until next lesson. It happens I guess... :) The flight was incredibly fun like usual but my flying just sucked.

Honestly you just cannot worry about! It happens to ALL of us! I recently read a story of a senior airline Captain talking about the vey worse landing he ever made. It was on his retirement flight returning from his last oceanic flight!

Now sit down and review in your head what happened during the flight. Think about what your instructor told you in your de-brief. Then go and process it and review any information you have studied on it. Then begin your studies for the next lesson! Don’t let it bother you...that’s why you are taking lesson...to learn!
It will all start coming together! You'll see!

Went through this a couple times in my training for PPL, too. Posted here about it, got some great feedback and encouragement.

You'll make it, man. You've got the drive - it's obvious from your posting. Just keep at it and things will click.

Thanks for the responses! I guess it is frustrating learning a new airplane right after you solo another plane and want to fly alone, but cant because you have to get acclimated to the new one. I like to learn to fly new aircraft, but not when I want to fly by myself away from the airport at least once. I was so used to the sight picture on the 172 and the Piper Warrior just seems so different. Oh well, I will get it for sure.

Youngflyer,

As you gain experience, the sight pictures in many different aircraft will tend to become the same (i.e. what feels right). You'll be able to jump between the Cherokee and the 172 without a problem (and without affecting your landings).

I went for about a week, where I couldn't land worth a darn. EVERY single landing was horrible. And I've been doing this for 13 years.

Sometimes, we just have bad days.

Thanks for all the responses guys! I went out there and flew 100% better! I got signed of to solo the new airplane and will solo away from the airport next lesson weather permitting!

Back