It makes you wonder how...

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
... some people get the airline flying jobs.

Yesterday while I was on final there was a Mercury ERJ holding short and a UND warrior landing in front of them. The ERJ is told to position and hold when the warrior passed. When the ERJ was in position, one of the pilots asked 3 times if the warrior that passed was from UND. During this time the tower was trying to give them their takeoff clearence. The normally patient and polite controller got PISSED yells in the mic for the Mercury to takeoff and get out of the airport there is a Cessna on very short final. The reply from the ERJ was "Yes, sir" and then when handed off to approach he replied with "bye".

I just laughed after that. What posses some pilots to pose stupid questions on the air?

Wow, that's pretty bad! :)

If it's "yes", then what?

If it's "no", then what?

Fly the plane, Bubba's!

I just laughed after that. What posses some pilots to pose stupid questions on the air?
Great question. Sometimes I can't help but just laugh when I hear some fo the radio transmissions around here on Houston App/Dep. Makes me glad I'm not a controller and appreciate their patience all the more.

Great question. Sometimes I can't help but just laugh when I hear some fo the radio transmissions around here on Houston App/Dep. Makes me glad I'm not a controller and appreciate their patience all the more.

A couple of "shooga pop's" out there? :)

I have never heard any of the controllers before raise their tone before lol. Oh well another drinking story.

Was that the same Mercury airplane u were telling me and Don?

I saw a E175 try and burn off a couple hundred pounds of gas as they were transitioning from the taxiway to the runway in CLT the other day. Apparently they forgot their airplane has quite a bit of thrust and really blew the crap out of a Dash 8, a mainline Airbus, and us.

Had that happen to me one time I was doing a run up in a C152 and a Citation decides to burn some fuel and rev it up a little and almost blew me over.

Had that happen to me one time I was doing a run up in a C152 and a Citation decides to burn some fuel and rev it up a little and almost blew me over.

I was behind a king air and he was running up the engines to burn off some gas on the taxi, and I almost had to add full power to not roll backwards.

Back