It finally happened.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I've been in aviation long enough that another airplane I have in my logbook that I no longer fly came up on the same frequency. I guess not huge news, but kind of a cool little moment heading NW over Rockford, IL.

For those that are curious it was an ATP Seminole headed home to DPA from Janesville.

I had the same moment watching an old PA-28 that I use to instruct in do touch and goes from my seat in a BE-200. Definitely a cool feeling :)

I've been in aviation long enough that another airplane I have in my logbook that I no longer fly came up on the same frequency. I guess not huge news, but kind of a cool little moment heading NW over Rockford, IL.

For those that are curious it was an ATP Seminole headed home to DPA from Janesville.
Always interesting to hear when a plane you know is on frequency.

While at AMF I flew into SBN only to see a DA-40 I had flown in the past pull up. Unfortunately I didn't know the CFI or student. The CFI was an interesting fellow and reiterated how small aviation has made this world. The CFI was a recently furloughed Capital Air Cargo pilot. We had been flying out of CVG for DHL and never ran into him. Go to a random airport and boom.

Unfortunately I have a problem with airplanes I have flown being destroyed in fatal accidents than seeing them randomly at other airports. The total is now up to 3. :(

Always interesting to hear when a plane you know is on frequency.

While at AMF I flew into SBN only to see a DA-40 I had flown in the past pull up. Unfortunately I didn't know the CFI or student. The CFI was an interesting fellow and reiterated how small aviation has made this world. The CFI was a recently furloughed Capital Air Cargo pilot. We had been flying out of CVG for DHL and never ran into him. Go to a random airport and boom.

Unfortunately I have a problem with airplanes I have flown being destroyed in fatal accidents than seeing them randomly at other airports. The total is now up to 3. :(

Not a great thing to hear I can imagine. But I'm confused, the planes are destroyed, but then you see them flying again? Aroo? Same tailnumber or same aircraft? I suppose the N number could have been transferred.

I'm still flying the same metal, but it's always fun to talk with friends over frequency cruising by in the flight levels in whatever they're flying now.

Ouch, that's not good! Two airplanes I've flown in before have had forced landings due to engine failures...

The plane I did my first solo in lost oil pressure after takeoff and burnt up in a field (thankfully no injuries) and a plane I used to fly at a previous job ended up in a field due to fuel exhaustion (no injuries and no damage to the airplane). Stuff happens...

Back