Is This True?

I believe the A340 has a throttle where you advance the throttle and then go 2 clicks forward and that is take off thrust.

All "firewall" incidents require an inspection of the various shaft test points and stress points. Very rarely, however, do they actually "yank" the engines off the aircraft!

Usually the entry is "tested and found ok for service."

Not sure if that is good or not ...

And yes, the CRJ gives the NFP something to do on takeoff roll
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[
If you "firewall" most standard jets, you're going to get quite a bit of power

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad the Air Florida Flt 90 crew didn't think this way..........

Commerical turbofans are also significantly flat-rated for safety purposes. The T/O rating will be "xx thousand lbs." at sea level and standard temp PLUS so many degrees. On a hot day the pilot can simply use a higher power lever ("throttle") angle setting for a higher N1 and still get xx thousand lbs. takeoff thrust, up to the flat-rated temperature.

[ QUOTE ]

Real handy in the simulator when you're practicing severe windshear and CFI avoidance!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, they throw every kind of scenario at you in the simulator! I've never had a CFI run in front of me on the runway! JK

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, they throw every kind of scenario at you in the simulator! I've never had a CFI run in front of me on the runway! JK

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, back in the old days: "Hey Skipper, that guy looks like a CFI with a resume! Run, run"

[ QUOTE ]
The autopilot was inop, the flight director was kind of screwy so we just flew VOR to VOR by hand. It felt like my old Beech 1900 days, but just a lot faster!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that must have been fun! Were you thinking, man, I'm really flying again or something similar?

Back