Is this possible?

Re: Wingover

I couldn't do a passable lazy-8 to save my life.

Luckily, I got to choose "lazy-8" or "Chandelle" on my Commercial and CFI checkrides!

[ QUOTE ]
On cockpit indications…
Someone noted that the ball was not centered. Here is yet another reason why the attitude indicator indicates a wing over to the right…at 90°: at the 90° point of the maneuver, airspeed is slowest and power is still set from when the maneuver was entered.

slow airspeed + higher power setting = pronounced left-turning tendency

The proper correction? Even more right rudder!

So for the nay-sayers…go find a 152 and a fun-loving CFI and take the airplane beyond 60°; it can be done…you will survive…and no, you don’t need parachutes (note the parachute exceptions in 91.307(d) ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I figure if the guy was smart, he'd be top ruddering the maneuver momentarily to hold steady for the pic.

People are afraid to go beyond 60 degrees? That's funny.

[ QUOTE ]
mike, when you get back, we will go flying. I'll just sit next to you, and you can do anything you want with the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd need to get a T-28 or similiar for some real fun.

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't do a passable lazy-8 to save my life.

Luckily, I got to choose "lazy-8" or "Chandelle" on my Commercial and CFI checkrides!

[/ QUOTE ]

The FAA lazy eight is not much fun...only 30 degrees of max bank allowed! What it DOES teach you is to have a lot of patience as the maneuver SLOWLY progresses.

Do you ever do lazy eights in a Mad Dog? Well, at least in the simulators?

[ QUOTE ]

Do you ever do lazy eights in a Mad Dog? Well, at least in the simulators?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazy 8's? Lazy-8's in a transport category aircraft is when the line is too long at Starbucks and it's about 8:01am and you're 27 in line for takeoff!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
before or after screaming and soiling themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like PilotHopeful said, its basically a 1-G maneuver. Maybe a bit more in the pullup and recovery if you want to get to vertical pitch too. Tons of fun though- I could do them all day!

Could easily be the first 90 of a roll, as well. That was my first thought. And for those non-students who are afraid to go beyond 60 degrees, it is my humble opinion that you need to go out and push your limits a little bit in order to better know your aircraft.

Except that 182's dont have a very good roll rate, and the VSI probably wouldn't be reading quite that high.

[ QUOTE ]
And for those non-students who are afraid to go beyond 60 degrees, it is my humble opinion that you need to go out and push your limits a little bit in order to better know your aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definintely!
smile.gif

Back