Is this for real?

its St. Maarten. Go back to thiat pic and hit the MORE choice. This is probably ground zero for aviation photography enthusiasts.. I think there is some warning nearby the beach about departing traffic' jet blasts.. but I dont remember where I learned that.

Definitely a place on my list to visit!!! It's very obvious why!
tongue.gif

If Its like Pushing Tin with Billy Bob, there'd be people flying all over the place, and maybe a few of the ladies tops too
wink.gif

That's where I'm planning to spend my dream vacation...someday....A beach chair and a piña colada in my hand...

Great island except for all the Naked 70 year olds on Orient Beach. It's my favorite carribean island to visit.

No kidding, I visited there about 5 years ago with my family, not knowing that Orient beach was a "clothing optional" beach and it turned out quite akward (gross old people?). Unfortunately, I wasn't into aviation yet, and I didn't get to visit the "cool" beach right before the airport. I can't wait to get back tho!

At LGA they route incoming planes that as they land are no more than 20 feet above the Grand Central Parkway, heck the lamp posts on the highway are a mere 8ft high for that reason!! I love sitting in traffic near that airport

Yep, believe it or not, it is real, one of the instructors here at Alteon is a retired American Airline Captain & used to fly that landing. I too thought it was fake & he told all about it, pretty wild.

The best thing is, when you have a close friend who went there. They come home and you ask about the planes over the beach. "Oh, I didn't notice it at all."

I guess it's only special to some!

Well I'm not going to vouch for the accuracy of the story, but I did read somewhere that the local government outlawed throwing dogs into the air on the beach while aircraft were taking off.

As I said, I have no idea if it's true or not, but it does conjure up an amusing picture

Back