Is it POSSIBLE for a pilot to fit his head through the door?

[ QUOTE ]
An AirForce Capt is an O-3 correct?? I think its the Navy Capt and AF / Marines / Army : Colonel that are of the same rank.. I am a Navy O-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

So with the F-14 going bye-bye soon, what next?

Believe me the 'glamour' fades. The poly/wool blend smells like airplane by the time you're done with a trip, and the first thing I used to do the second I walked in the door of my house or hotel room is get that damn thing off! I once wore the same uniform for 4 days straight because I kept getting junior manned, and I had only brought my day trip bag because I was only supposed to do a LSE turn!

Certain naval 'districts' had different "flight suit policies" until the CNO made Navy-wide policy. When I was in San Diego, the head of the district was a "shoe" (non-flying squid O) and absolutely forbid bags off base...even to/from home. It was petty jealousy. The policy was changed so that quick off base stops can be made in your pickle suit.

What raised petty jealousy in me was watching the AF guys sit go to the hotel in their bags....we had to change for "force protection" issues while still on the friggin' aircraft. Yeah, like you couldn't figure out who the 20 guys in civvies carrying helmet bags and flight boots were!

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me the 'glamour' fades. The poly/wool blend smells like airplane by the time you're done with a trip,

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww gee, that reminds me. It's getting close to deicing fluid time.

The smell of Type-IV deicing fluid on my uniform and shoes permeates my closet for a few months out of the year and it's very effective wife repellant.

In all the "worst" ways.
frown.gif

Plus, that "people" smell in my skin. Oh man, nasty nasty nasty!

This question is directed to doug and all the other passenger pilots out there. Does the people smell get as bad as on a cross country Greyhound bus in the summer and linger even after washing your uniform?

[ QUOTE ]
This question is directed to doug and all the other passenger pilots out there. Does the people smell get as bad as on a cross country Greyhound bus in the summer and linger even after washing your uniform?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been lucky enough to avoid the Greyhound cross country trip!

But there is a discernable smell that you get from the passenger cabin. Usually a little worse depending on certain city pairs!

I usually bleach my shirts so they at least smell like chlorine and "Snuggle" the first day of my trip, but when I get home, they reek of Jet-A, APU exhaust, passenger, cheap hotel and Starbucks coffee farts when I get home.

My trousers usually smell bad after the first two legs. Something about that unnatural blend of fabric in my uniform pants absorbs work stench like a sponge.

"T.M.I.", I know, but you asked!

Definately not TMI. It is that kinda stuff that you won't find in any book or Captain Bob's aviation website. All the perspectives given on here help me form my own ideas as to what my experiences are more likely to be.

Back