iPhone/iPod touch logbook?

mtpease

Does anyone know if there is a reasonable pilot logbook app for the iPod touch? I would really like something designed for 121 flying. The ability to automatically monitor flight and duty time limits would be a major plus.

Thanks in advance for the help.

if you go on the apps menu, there is a program called LogTen Mobile Pilot Logbook. I dont have it..mostly because it costs 40 bucks.

if you go on the apps menu, there is a program called LogTen Mobile Pilot Logbook. I dont have it..mostly because it costs 40 bucks.

Its a great program but keep in mind that it pretty useless without LogTen on your Mac. If you have a Mac the I would highly recommend it.

Ya that is a good idea. Someone should cash in on a logbook app for the iphone.

When I first got my iphone when it came out I only saw a few pilots with them. Now it seems like 50% of the crew members have one. There would be a big market for this. But it would have to be fairly cheap.

I use FltCrewLog. It's very good. Basically a "red book" replacement with a few other bells and whistles like weather radar, airport info, and the ability to keep track of expenses. $15 on iTunes.

FOR THOSE USING SAFELOG- How does this compare to logbook pro? I currently have an iphone and it runs everything in my life EXCEPT my logbook because my main computer is not a MAC. From the iphone it says you must have an internet connection to access but what about from home? Can I view this info whenever and back it up on a hard drive just as it would on logbook pro? I am very leary of a server holding my entire logbook without being able to control the file myself. Reviews from 121 folks?

FOR THOSE USING SAFELOG- How does this compare to logbook pro? I currently have an iphone and it runs everything in my life EXCEPT my logbook because my main computer is not a MAC. From the iphone it says you must have an internet connection to access but what about from home? Can I view this info whenever and back it up on a hard drive just as it would on logbook pro? I am very leary of a server holding my entire logbook without being able to control the file myself. Reviews from 121 folks?

I liked the interface of Safelog over LBP. They both do the same thing, really. You can export and backup with Safelog. I also run it to flightlogg.in to share it, which also adds another layer of redundancy.

I use FltCrewLog. It's very good. Basically a "red book" replacement with a few other bells and whistles like weather radar, airport info, and the ability to keep track of expenses. $15 on iTunes.

Looks like Flight Crew Log is $19.99 now on iTunes.

Thats garbage! Its not a stand-alone software. Its basically logging onto the internet. The whole point of a PDA logbook is to be able to look at your stuff anytime. Say you take off and you have your times, so while cruising you pull out your iphone and load in the out and off times.

I could just as easily log onto flightlogg.in or logshare or whatever.

Looks like Flight Crew Log is $19.99 now on iTunes.

I wasted $20 on this too. Its unstable, confusing, and it keeps giving me an error message of having too low memory, even though I have 300mb unused.

Im annoyed that I wasted money on it. I dont recommend it one bit.

Thats garbage! Its not a stand-alone software. Its basically logging onto the internet. The whole point of a PDA logbook is to be able to look at your stuff anytime. Say you take off and you have your times, so while cruising you pull out your iphone and load in the out and off times.

I could just as easily log onto flightlogg.in or logshare or whatever.

Yeah, it is. Duantless is blaming Apple, saying they are too restrictive, which may be why LBP and others haven't released stand alone apps.

Back